MRP | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP

The AFL have so many questions that need answering, not least club bias and jobs for the boys culture but as it is a closed organisation, we will not get the answers the whole footy community need and want.
I just wish that Sports Imtegrity Australia would do an in-depth investigation into the AFL and its reporting practices etc. I know they mainly deal with illegal substances in sport, but they also deal with other issues as well.
They can look into the concussion debacle as well

Sporting Integrity Australia (SIA) is the independent body authorised to investigate issues and complaints about behaviour which can lead to sport being unsafe and unfair. SIA have a large mandate including anti-doping, competition manipulation, sports wagering and child safeguarding.
When you have the likes of JIzzy Cameron who publicly ignores the afl concussion “protocols” that is either endangering the player or competition manipulation.
“Sic em you weak bastards”

Then the weak as *smile* Federal government can have a gawk at them as well. To take $millions of taxpayers money. They should be held accountable, be transparent, have exemplary governance.
Anita Wells is the Minister for Sport. She should be accountable and how how our tax dollars are being spent.
“Open the books up”

Do you think Heeney will get off? I think it's a certainly. Is one of the AFL's golden boys and they don't want to be embarrassed on Brownlow night.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you think Heeney will get off? I think it's a certainly. Is one of the AFL's golden boys and they don't want to be embarrassed on Brownlow night.

he could jump the fence and pull Andrew Dillons head back by the hair and *smile* in his mouth and he'd get off.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Yep. Accidental, but a bit similar to Bash's one?
A lot similar. Main difference is Bach knocked his man out. The golden boy got a week, and there was a whiff of reluctance, the brown muslim got 6 and was hung, drawn, quartered and the AFL intervened to sate the baying horde. I don't blame Heeney mind you, but I'm a little bit sus about there being something wrong with this picture.

If Bachar's was 6 (it was 3 or 4 IMO FWIW), given we've become less tolerant of hits since then in theory, Heeney's was 2 or 3 surely.

Reactions: 2 users
Heeney one week.

Personally I think he should have got off. Did no more than what forwards do 100 times every week to get away from his marker. Not sure why Webster’s face was down that low, did he lose his footing?

Penalising the result rather than the action. BS imo.

Reactions: 2 users
Yep. Accidental, but a bit similar to Bash's one?

Heeny a touch lucky. I’m glad a few others see the similarities to the Bachar incident. Both threw the fist back to break the tackle. AFL appeals the initial 2 week suspension to Bachar and states it was manifestly inadequate. End up with 4 weeks.

Reactions: 1 users
Heeney one week.

Personally I think he should have got off. Did no more than what forwards do 100 times every week to get away from his marker. Not sure why Webster’s face was down that low, did he lose his footing?

Penalising the result rather than the action. BS imo.
Same here as Webster just copped a blood nose.

Reactions: 1 user
I can't believe they gave Heeney only 1 week
He smashed Webster in the face 20 meters off the ball.
Let's compare of Pickett or lynch did the same

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users
I can't believe they gave Heeney only 1 week
He smashed Webster in the face 20 meters off the ball.
Let's compare of Pickett or lynch did the same
If they gave him 2 weeks it can only down graded to 1.

If I didn’t know better this is all setup for him to get off.
But surely the AFL wouldn’t do this?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I reckon the four for Rankine is correct. Chose to initiate contact & bumped an unsuspecting player in the head causing concussion. Just dumb.
I have been watching footy for a very very long time.
Is concussion more now or we just didn't notice it before?
Naughton went off 10 mins into the game.
Would that happen in a GF?
Not sure Rankine deserved 4 weeks he couldve done that 50 times and 45 times the player wouldve got straight back up.
Rankine copped 4 weeks but Dangerfield sends BigV into orbit and has no case.
The AFL is going pretty badly currently