MRP | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP

DirtyDogTiger said:
I like his metal hat

A few posters on here wear metal hats when they post and its not for religious reasons!
th

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Dusty should play the race/heritage card, Mifsud would be obligated to defend him. Wouldn't he?

Alawys thought it was funny how there is only 1 card. There are no other cards.

Agree with both the Hodge and Fyfe decisions.

As for Dusty, it would seem the AFL doesn't understand the theater of the game. You'll notice that Dusty is grinning in the photo...it is a bit of byplay in response to the abuse. There was no aggression, just a little tit for tat. Nothing in it. The attempt to homogenise the sport and the players is sad IMO.

Panthera tigris FC said:
Agree with both the Hodge and Fyfe decisions.

As for Dusty, it would seem the AFL doesn't understand the theater of the game. You'll notice that Dusty is grinning in the photo...it is a bit of byplay in response to the abuse. There was no aggression, just a little tit for tat. Nothing in it. The attempt to homogenise the sport and the players is sad IMO.

I understand it. It's about crossing a line. All Dusty had to do was keep grinning and smiling at the cheer squad, without the fingers, to have delivered the same message to them. I guess you could say that Dusty was helping the CFC Cheer Squad by dumbing down the delivery so they go it. Jack on the other hand is fine. He engaged in banter without crossing any line.

But anyway. Good fun, good theatre, but it was always going to cop a fine the minute he did it. Not fussed.

Baloo said:
I understand it. It's about crossing a line. All Dusty had to do was keep grinning and smiling at the cheer squad, without the fingers, to have delivered the same message to them. I guess you could say that Dusty was helping the CFC Cheer Squad by dumbing down the delivery so they go it. Jack on the other hand is fine. He engaged in banter without crossing any line.

But anyway. Good fun, good theatre, but it was always going to cop a fine the minute he did it. Not fussed.

How can anyone say that deserved a fine and jettas up yours to the crowd was traditional and celebrated, give me a *smile* break this world and Australia has its head up its arse

nqtiger said:
How can anyone say that deserved a fine and jettas up yours to the crowd was traditional and celebrated, give me a *smile*ing break this world and Australia has its head up its arse

If you think everybody has their head up their are except you, maybe you're looking at it from the wrong angle...

Don't want to degenerate the thread into another race debate, and don't want to heap it onto Dusty, but I'll say this anyway.

Dusty comes from the knock about, blokey end of town. A typical cultural response would definitely be to give the two fingered salute, or even the bird when getting bagged out. There is no doubt in my mind, its where I grew up and what I would have done.

I could go on and elaborate, but the thread would degenerate I fear. I hope I made my point.

Religious beliefs card as well. Or that considered a scroll ?

I find it a bit bemusing. Fyffe elbows Jacobs to the face. Nothing.

Dusty shows the crowd 2 fingers. $2,000.

nqtiger said:
How can anyone say that deserved a fine and jettas up yours to the crowd was traditional and celebrated, give me a *smile*ing break this world and Australia has its head up its arse

The aboriginal safety dance that Goodes and jetta pulled, is not traditional.
It's a recent invention to give the indigenous a similar version of the haka.

DirtyDogTiger said:
The aboriginal safety dance that Goodes and jetta pulled, is not traditional.
It's a recent invention to give the indigenous a similar version of the haka.

It was apparently based on traditional dances.

so - race aside - its ok to pretend to throw spears at the crowd with intent, but not to mirror what the crowd is doing to you - in spades? its political correctness gone mad.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Any repercussions for the Colonwood Cheer Squad? After all, it's a club-sanctioned part of the match day experience.

Think Eddie gave them free entry to one game next season.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Any repercussions for the Colonwood Cheer Squad? After all, it's a club-sanctioned part of the match day experience.

Well, they were forced to sit through a 15 goal smashing from us, that had to hurt.

BTW, did you notice how many of them had teeth ? I was amazed.

Baloo said:
Well, they were forced to sit through a 15 goal smashing from us, that had to hurt.

BTW, did you notice how many of them had teeth ? I was amazed.

They eitherstoleborrowed them for the day's outing. Or they could have been lolly teef

Dusty was saying "How many fingers am I holding up?"

A third of the cheer squad held up two fingers, a third one finger, and the other third just shouted out in outrage at the complexity of the question.