MRP | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP

I can't believe a player can be deliberately bitten hard enough to break the skin and the culprit only gets 2 weeks. On a par with the lowest of low acts imo.

rosy23 said:
I can't believe a player can be deliberately bitten hard enough to break the skin and the culprit only gets 2 weeks. On a par with the lowest of low acts imo.

A poor response by Masten to a real problem.
Expect to read a lot about Suban attracting this kind of negative attention in the future.
Maybe the umpires need to blow the whistle against him for his infringements.

DirtyDogTiger said:
A poor response by Masten to a real problem.
Expect to read a lot about Suban attracting this kind of negative attention in the future.
Maybe the umpires need to blow the whistle against him for his infringements.

What did Suban do?

Filthy negating tactics.
Was still lying all over Masten trying to stop him getting up to chase the ball.
If the umpire was watching he'd have blown the whistle.
Ross has gone to Suban because he hasn't got Crowley

How does he break the skin while wearing a mouthguard though? And really, he needed medical treatment afterwards?

Smells fishy.

I reckon Masten's version of events were 100% correct.

Look how fast they're rolling around. How do you bite someone while you're both flailing about in motion?

The involuntary reflex explanation makes the most sense IMO.

Should have got off completely. No intention to bite. Reputation now ruined.

Unless the AFL rigs it, Fyfe's Brownlow is gone.

Not much in it but you can see the ball bounce away from Jacobs and towards Fyfe but Fyfe still comes in to collect the man and not the ball.

Chiang Mai Tiger said:

Not much in it but you can see the ball bounce away from Jacobs and towards Fyfe but Fyfe still comes in to collect the man and not the ball.

Never overestimate the clowns on that panel.

Chiang Mai Tiger said:

Dunno. Reckon he should get off.

If he gets a couple for that, Hodge should get 10.

jb03 said:
Dunno. Reckon he should get off.

If he gets a couple for that, Hodge should get 10.

Doesn't need a couple, just a fine and the Brownlow is wide open.

If Vickery can get two weeks for “accidentally” bumping into a player that was catapulting towards him and who didn’t have the smarts or the time (let’s give him the benefit of the doubt) to avoid a collusion the MRP, to maintain credibility, impartiality and consistency must give Fyfe a holiday. Let’s see what happens then!

Well Lids got two weeks for a similar type of incident in round one so for me he's got to go. Otherwise it's a joke.

Exactly but you know they will not!

To save face IF he wins the Charlie!

But I agree. Lids got suspended so let's see !

Tigerdangerous said:
If Vickery can get two weeks for “accidentally” bumping into a player that was catapulting towards him and who didn’t have the smarts or the time (let’s give him the benefit of the doubt) to avoid a collusion the MRP, to maintain credibility, impartiality and consistency must give Fyfe a holiday. Let’s see what happens then!

And it was a clash of heads not an elbow to the head like Hodge. There's talk that Hodge should just be given a fine, surely not.

Chiang Mai Tiger said:

It's what the rule was brought in for. Nothing against Fyfe but the AFL is either serious about dangerous play, or it isn't.

If he gets off, it gives the green light to players to contest the ball recklessly when the opponent's head is over it (without necessarily bumping to the head).

Hodge & Fyfe MRP show. No malice or intent in Fyfe lot as from match replays & ball still in play. From the replay of Hodges lot well it all speaks for itself with Hodge going in for a kill . As we know from previous MRP hand downs one will not be surprised if they run true to what we see. For mine Hodge guilty Fyfe not guilty.