Movers & sliders | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movers & sliders

Leysy Days said:
But your not seriously comparing him with Cotchin in releasing teammates into space nor in general Handball ability in tight are you?
Its a massive strength of the Chimps, not so with Richie. Miles apart.

Cotchin is one of the best I have seen at doing this. Reckon he has eyes in the back of his head.

Leysy Days said:
Tambling had a decent game ILO. Not sure of the criticism of him of last weeks match. There were a couple of nice enough handballs you point out.

But your not seriously comparing him with Cotchin in releasing teammates into space nor in general Handball ability in tight are you?
Its a massive strength of the Chimps, not so with Richie. Miles apart.

Maybe a little tongue in cheek. :D

Not comparing him to Cotchin but Tambling does do it consistently- the draw the tackler and then release the handball to the now free player.

Biggest slider- Morton

To say his lack of development is Dimmas doing is a complete joke, Mitch clearly has a attitude problem and has not improved due to that! Also, it is pretty evident that our forward line is doing pretty well without him.

Jumping Jack said:
Biggest slider- Morton

To say his lack of development is Dimmas doing is a complete joke, Mitch clearly has a attitude problem and has not improved due to that! Also, it is pretty evident that our forward line is doing pretty well without him.
One player is doing well without him. We have been a one man band up forward for the majority of the season. We need more options up forward. I certainly hope that Mitch can be one of them becuase he has shown us previously what he is capable of.

Punxsutawney Phil said:
One player is doing well without him. We have been a one man band up forward for the majority of the season. We need more options up forward. I certainly hope that Mitch can be one of them becuase he has shown us previously what he is capable of.

Yeah that is very true, but I think that permanent small forwards don't exist anymore, which to this point in time is all Morton is. So unless he can build up his tank so he can give us something further up the ground I don't think that he will be part of our forward line structure.

Hopefully Griff, Posty and Asbury can be those other forward line options with flankers such as white, collins, nason etc to clean up the scraps!

Mcguane has been one of richmond's best this year IMO.

A player of the type of Mcgaune's, value to a team is assessed not just on skills, but the courage and inspiration he provides.

In this area he has risen even furthur this year with a number of strong marks in defense, big spoils, times when he has been hard to ball and hurt opposition players.

Things like the passage of play vs Port Adelaide where he smashed into the goal post and 10 seconds later ran full pace into Ebert not only did he help win the contest but hurt the PA player in the process. The whole team lifts when they see things like this and have number of times during the year.

Mcgaune certanly doesnt look skillful with the ball in his hands but i dont think his disposal has been too bad but i guess this is the area that is very debatable.

Brodders17 said:
Maybe a little tongue in cheek. :D

Not comparing him to Cotchin but Tambling does do it consistently- the draw the tackler and then release the handball to the now free player.

Disagree, he occasionally releases well, but leysy has long mentioned his handballing under pressure (which the above is) is a weak point caused by his lack of vision.

If his hands are a strength as you suggest why has Hardwick completely removed him from centre square rotations & pretty much taken him away from stoppage work in general brodders....

If it is a strength surely the coaching staff would want to use it more??

I'm sure I've seen Bling line up in the square for a centre bounce over the last month or so.

He's ranked 18th in our sides ave centre bounce clearances per game with a total of 4 for the year according to pro-stats so if he is lining up there as you say it further proves the point.

Leysy Days said:
Disagree, he occasionally releases well, but leysy has long mentioned his handballing under pressure (which the above is) is a weak point caused by his lack of vision.

If his hands are a strength as you suggest why has Hardwick completely removed him from centre square rotations & pretty much taken him away from stoppage work in general brodders....

Similarly if it's so obvious he has no vision and can only play off half back how are the coaches missing that?

FWIW, I agree with brodders. He's not Martin or Cotchin but his work in tight is generally very good. He's demonstrated as much in any number of games and dare I say it, the stats reflect that.

Finally, it's possible and in fact quite common for players running in off the wing or flanks to win centre clearances. Tambling started off doing this early in the season but I haven't seen him doing it for a while.

Leysy Days said:

not commenting on vision, handballing under pressure etc.
purely mentioning the one thing tambling does, and IMO does well, is draw a tackler to release a teammate rather than feed out a handball out quickly on those occasions.