Mitchell's hairpulling | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mitchell's hairpulling

Pretty tough stuff by Mitchell.

However, there is a reason the army and most fight competitors have short haircuts - it is one less thing an opponent can grab in a fight situation.

It is time Ben to kiss goodbye to those awesome locks and go short. However I can understand why he doesn't want to, a mate of mine had them when he was a young fella and had so much luck with the ladies that it almost took a UN resolution to get it cut. Maybe Ben is the same!!!

One of the reasons Tom Alvin went to Carlton. Was deeply attached to his hair. Shane O'Sullivan made an unfortunate remark to him along the lines of " Well...we are gonna get that hair of yours cut Tom when you are at Footscray next year"...to which he replied..."Well...you won't #$%@#$ see me at Footscray".... Suffice to say....he played at Carlton the club he had followed as a kid.

$900 fine for bringing the game into disrepute by behaving like an angry,irrational yr8 girl? Not nearly the punishment he deserved.

The football world will never forget that Sam Mitchell has the fighting style of a high school girl, pulling hair... I still can't believe I saw that TBH.
He will be chastised about this for the rest of his career and rightly so. Disgraceful, cowardly act.

Maybe when we win a game he (Nason) could lop them off ?

At least he was picking on someone his own size ? :hihi (both listed at 179cm)

According to Quaterbrain on OWAAT if you have hair like Nason's it deserves to be pulled. What an absolute flog, can't hide his Hawthorn bias can he? Said it real smugly too.

Barnzy said:
According to Quaterbrain on OWAAT if you have hair like Nason's it deserves to be pulled. What an absolute flog, can't hide his Hawthorn bias can he? Said it real smugly too.

The *smile* sucker deserves to be spat on.

Barnzy said:
I actually agree with him. Peroxide dreadlocks are fair game.

Tigerdog said:
He would have said the same when Platten played for them no doubt.
If he played as well as Platten I would make an exception.

It's football, not the Army, Uncle Elmer.

Where do you stand on non-black boots and sleeve tatts?

Tigerdog said:
It's football, not the Army, Uncle Elmer.

Where do you stand on non-black boots and sleeve tatts?
amputations and skin grafts. ;D

IMO only Premiership players, Brownlow medallists and Coleman medallists should be able to wear lairy boots, maybe with the year/s they have won on them too.

Just my opinion.

feisty tige said:
IMO only Premiership players, Brownlow medallists and Coleman medallists should be able to wear lairy boots, maybe with the year/s they have won on them too.

Just my opinion.
Saw photos of my nephews u/9's and they're all wearing colourful boots. soft! As TD alluded I think the generational horse has already bolted on that front.

Elmer said:
I actually agree with him. Peroxide dreadlocks are fair game.
If he played as well as Platten I would make an exception.

I've got nothing against Ben's hair style but it could make him a bit of a target imo. I'm astounded Jacko's so called head-butt got 3 weeks yet hair pulling only a $900 fine. Hair being pulled can be incredibly painful and dangerous and those who deliberately do it should cop more than a token slap on the wrist.

Mitchell did it to provoke Nason into giving away a silly free kick. Well done to Ben for flying the flag but not doing anything stupid.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
Mitchell did it to provoke Nason into giving away a silly free kick. Well done to Ben for flying the flag but not doing anything stupid.

Yes he did - it was also the last quarter and the game was close so it had the dual purpose of distracting Nason. The timing of the incident and the fact it was off the ball when we were going forward warrants more than a $900 fine for a spur of the moment event.

It took a lot of guts for a premiership captain to pull the hair of a first year player who was one of the smallest skinnest guys on the field.
What a low cowardly act, not something I would ever want to see a Richmond captain do.

Don't forget that this is the same hero that got rubbed out for kneeing a bloke in the nouris not so long ago !

Spanish Prisoner said:
Are you serious? You can't be that angry.

That is the type of attitude that saw Spud get spat on. To condone it is just sub-human.

So tell us how you feel about your man Mitchell pulling hair?