Mitchell's hairpulling | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mitchell's hairpulling

vinpaul

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2009
Went to the game today (at last I came away thinking we gave a 4 quarter effort, skills still not good enough though) and I missed Mitchell's hairpulling incident. I taped the game and wanted to watch it now, can someone say if they showed it in TV and if so when it happened? Cheers

vinpaul said:
Went to the game today (at last I came away thinking we gave a 4 quarter effort, skills still not good enough though) and I missed Mitchell's hairpulling incident. I taped the game and wanted to watch it now, can someone say if they showed it in TV and if so when it happened? Cheers
They did show it tv mate.
mitchell was on the ground, he got up ran about 5 metres to Nason and grabbed a chunk of his hair and starting pulling him around.
Hopefully he gets cited for conduct unbecoming or whatever.
How come Nason wasn't paid a free? I thought you couldn't touch a player around the head. It must have been umpire mclaren, jealous of Nason's healthy mop, while he's just a baldheaded, prancing pooof.
Luckily its umpires appreciation round or I'd say something els.

ToraToraTora said:
It was caught by 8 cameras. So what? Nason needs a freaking haircut.
So I want to fas forward to the incident and watch it because I missed it at the game

See the Campbell thread, same sentiments apply! Today was umpire appreciation day, for me it was another depreciation day for them... how did they miss the Nason hit, the Tambling flattening in pocket and many more sloppy misses for them.

willo said:
mitchell was on the ground, he got up ran about 5 metres to Nason and grabbed a chunk of his hair and starting pulling him around.
How come Nason wasn't paid a free? I thought you couldn't touch a player around the head. It must have been umpire mclaren, jealous of Nason's healthy mop, while he's just a baldheaded, prancing pooof.

Deliberate act that is reportable & I believe he should get suspended

What is it with captains pulling the hair of Richmond players?

Maxwell did it to Lids in the melee at the G last year and now Mitchell. I'd expect that sort of thing from Maxwell - he's a dumb, arrogant, bogan, knob ... but really didn't expect it from Mitchell.

willo said:
Thanks mate, which part of the game was it? Second quarter?

Backbone said:
What is it with captains pulling the hair of Richmond players?

Maxwell did it to Lids in the melee at the G last year and now Mitchell. I'd expect that sort of thing from Maxwell - he's a dumb, arrogant, bogan, knob ... but really didn't expect it from Mitchell.

expect the same from mitchell and any hawthorn plr. bunch of sniping snakes

WesternTiger said:
::)

Get over it mb! What does it matter what the kids hair looks like.

If he couldn't get a kick i would say get rid of it, but considering how well he is going for such a late pick.........he can have his hair anyway he bloody well wants ;D

I honestly thought it was a dogs act doing that and hope he gets cited or it gets brought up on one of the "Footy Shows". It was the captain no less doing that to a first year player. Dead set what a mongrel

A man's game. It used to be a lot worse in the old days - Dyer & Richards & co. He'll get over it I'm sure. Would love to see Mitchell go for it but could have been worse. Plus Nason can take it as a fact that he has been playing well or Mitchell wouldn't have bothered.