Maurice Rioli Jnr | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice Rioli Jnr

Clear best footy of his career in early 24 , massive improvement, my biggest criticism of his football has always been his kicking , still a massive question mark for me , imho his lucky to have got 2 years , however good luck to him hope he blitz’s after a ginormous pre season

Reactions: 6 users
I thought MJ looked fantastic at the start of the season before his ankle injury. One of our genuine improvers.
Hopefully with more maturity he's learned from coming back out of shape this preseason & can bring some real energy next season.
Looking forward to his next couple of seasons & hopefully many more beyond that.
Spot on with mentioning Maturity, this I think will come to the fore and he will be improving on what he was showing prior to unfortunate injury

Reactions: 1 user
Spot on with mentioning Maturity, this I think will come to the fore and he will be improving on what he was showing prior to unfortunate injury
Seems a pretty level headed lad does Mozza.

Was making inroads towards stints further up the ground from a 1 dimensional chase harass small forward.

Hopefully the lad hits pre season in better nick and puts his best foot forward toward taking a few more steps next season.

Reactions: 3 users
Clear best footy of his career in early 24 , massive improvement, my biggest criticism of his football has always been his kicking , still a massive question mark for me , imho his lucky to have got 2 years , however good luck to him hope he blitz’s after a ginormous pre season
He is an example of a player who kicks much better on the run . Struggles to kick 45 from a set shot, not sure why?

Opponents couldn't lay a glove on Maurice Senior when he played. Junior was like that today, he's got the same ability to step off his left or right foot, just like his dad, he's a midfielder.

Reactions: 7 users
Very weak opposition. But. Composed with ball in hand. Incisive. Infallible by foot. At least a class above. Mature.

Reactions: 5 users
Good game today in the 2s, just be mindful Carlton had only 2 afl listed players but I agree with the above sentiment, possibly a mid? Needs to work on tank but he is creative and brave.

Reactions: 2 users
Big aerobic summer ahead. Can’t come back out of shape this year. Has looked good in midfield at VFL level, time to try it at AFL. Steely Green has midfield ability too. Would be good to already have some ready made rovers.

Reactions: 4 users
Does MJ have the tank to play midfield? Doing it against Carlton in the VFL is a long way from AFL level. He’s never shown he has the tank to play AFL midfield. Can he develop it?

Reactions: 1 user