Matthew Arnot [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Arnot [Merged]

Re: Welcome Matthew Arnot

Former club:Oakleigh Chargers/Vermont
DOB:21/10/1993
Height:180cm
Weight:87kg
Position:Midfielder

Tigermad2005 said:
Pick 55 Matthew Arnot

Left-footed, powerfully built midfielder with penetrating kick. Can play across half-back.

Another that may release Lids to the midfield.

Well built you fella going by that video. Certainly seems physically ready to play next year.

My old stomping ground. Went to primary school next to that ground. Memories.

Like the fact we are drafting kids with size and muscle.

Bit of a unit and loves bashing into blokes. His highlights look very very good.

Impressive highlights package courtesy of RFC site
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/126502/default.aspx

He is going to look like Trent Nicholls in a Tiger jumper I think .

Time will tell if he is good enough but he is another one we have drafted who looks like he kicks very well

Off Big Footy from an Essendon/Port Melbourne supporter

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=892218&page=2

You better get excited Tigers fans, you just picked up another 'Port Melbourne' gun (to go alone with Robbie Nahas)!

Matthew Arnot known to Borough supporters as 'Biscuit' is an Oakleigh Chargers player who played one game for Port this year as 23rd man.

... and for the kid this wasn't an ordinary game.

This was him playing in the undefeated Port Melbourne side.

It was roughly Port's 11th win in a row at that stage... and away against the three time reigning premier North Ballarat.

He was 'only' meant to have a bit role (like all TAC Cup players that play as 23rd man), but the Borough lost ex-AFL midfielder Adam Bentick and (this year's Grand Final BOG) tough-nut midfielder Toby Pinwall before half-time.

With Port up by just 2 goals and those quality players down, we supporters were nervous.

However, Gary Ayres rolled the dice, threw Biscuit (Arnot) in the middle... and the kid not only did the job, but starred! - we would end up winning by 10 goals (and beating the Roosters on their turf for the 1st time in 6 years!)

Again... that is against the 3 time reigning premier, playing in a team that would end up completing the season undefeated.

I'm calling it... congratulations Richmond... you found the hidden diamond in the draft

tough nut who can kick. Sounds like a decent pick up.

Some pretty handy stats by Arnot in the TAC.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_info.cgi?player=Matthew%20Arnot&action=PSTATS&pID=192115842&client=1-3020-0-150804-14536848

Plenty of good disps, mks, tckls & can go forward for the odd goal.

Not a bad pickup for 55 or whatever.

Smoking Aces said:
Off Big Footy from an Essendon/Port Melbourne supporter

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=892218&page=2

You better get excited Tigers fans, you just picked up another 'Port Melbourne' gun (to go alone with Robbie Nahas)!

Matthew Arnot known to Borough supporters as 'Biscuit' is an Oakleigh Chargers player who played one game for Port this year as 23rd man.

... and for the kid this wasn't an ordinary game.

This was him playing in the undefeated Port Melbourne side.

It was roughly Port's 11th win in a row at that stage... and away against the three time reigning premier North Ballarat.

He was 'only' meant to have a bit role (like all TAC Cup players that play as 23rd man), but the Borough lost ex-AFL midfielder Adam Bentick and (this year's Grand Final BOG) tough-nut midfielder Toby Pinwall before half-time.

With Port up by just 2 goals and those quality players down, we supporters were nervous.

However, Gary Ayres rolled the dice, threw Biscuit (Arnot) in the middle... and the kid not only did the job, but starred! - we would end up winning by 10 goals (and beating the Roosters on their turf for the 1st time in 6 years!)

Again... that is against the 3 time reigning premier, playing in a team that would end up completing the season undefeated.

I'm calling it... congratulations Richmond... you found the hidden diamond in the draft

It's sad how jaded we tiger supporters are. This is the most positive, enthusiastic and optimstic thing I have read here all night. And it comes from an Essendon supporter.

All our new boys are potential Richmond stars right now. I am looking forward to seeing their progress.