Matt Dea | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matt Dea

what were his skills like? please don't say theres another clanger king to add the list :help

toothless said:
what were his skills like? please don't say theres another clanger king to add the list :help

Didn't see much of him to be honest, but have only seen the game on TV.

Not a natural footballer in terms of his reading of the game, but my understanding is we didn't draft him on that basis.

Streak said:
Yes, very much so. But he is a typical 'x' factor project player, so I guess we wait a fair while yet to see what me might get from him.

Oh god not another one?? Coz we have such a good record with this type :p

We drafted him on the basis of the expected introduction of a key to replace the goalsquare and 3 points outside 50m.
Seriously, no kicks? Is that right?

ToraToraTora said:
We drafted him on the basis of the expected introduction of a key to replace the goalsquare and 3 points outside 50m.
Seriously, no kicks? Is that right?

Didnt see him kick it. Looked scared to be honest. Didnt want any part of the part and parcel contact at afl standard. First gamer though, needs more gametime.

Don't give him a hard time, after he made an 2 error s with a handballs that turn into a goals,
That just sapped his confidence, the melbourne players started to talk to him and he lost his way. wasn't the 1st and wont be the last..
How about M. White(CASPER) massive 3 possessions to half time..

toothless said:
Didn't get a kick, but has a reasonable handball action.
Now he just has to be taught to hanball to a teammate as opposed to the opposition. :hihi

Looked scared... Those two handball turnovers were because he didn't want to be hit, so he got rid of it as soon as possible.

Can't judge him on today's performance. Has a long way to go, but has the right physical tools.

I agree you can't judge him on today's effort.

Could have got a kick if he wanted, I thought that he looked scared to kick it. Maybe playing to instructions??? (I hope not!)

Set up three goals for Melbourne in the first half, really not a promising start to his career.

if they can teach irish kids to play AFL, then they can teach basketball players too... there is hope yet.. . but he is at least 2 years away i reckon.. will be interesting to see if they persist..

Another failed recruit!!! Sometimes you can just tell. He handballed it like he was still playing basketball. I could swear they said they would only be drafting blokes that make good decisions and have elite skills!!! Maybe DH was still talking about Hawthorn!! :help

Obviously very nervous............ and after a couple of wayward handballs in the first quarter, he really lost his confidence.

He never gave up and made some effective spoils when the Tigers were under seige. Give him a go!

I hope Matt plays again before going back to Coburg, if needed, to work on his game and develop. I don't agree he looked scared, just lacking in confidence due to giving a couple of goals away and not wanting to stuff up. Give the kid a chance.