Matt Dea | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matt Dea

Yeah this is no biggie at all. We've given an athletically gifted kid a taste of what he needs to work on. Good luck to him in bringing his performance up to that standard and working on his game back at the Burgers.

This would surely have to be some sort of record on this site as to how early a player has been written off by some.

Yet these same people would be excusing much more experienced players who are either

A. seriously out of form
B. incompetent
C. too lazy.

Madness. Absolute madness.

CK said:
This would surely have to be some sort of record on this site as to how early a player has been written off by some.

Yet these same people would be excusing much more experienced players who are either

A. seriously out of form
B. incompetent
C. too lazy.

Madness. Absolute madness.

Who has written him off?

Not many would write him off but you'd get a fair consensus that he's not ready yet.

I was really glad to see Matt get a good run in the 1s and equally glad to see that he has gone back to the 'burgers to work on what he needs to work on. I hope this practice continues with our other new players as they are physically ready to get a taste of the big league.

Go Tige's

CK said:
I suggest you read the thread. It's not THAT long.

As others have pointed out, there is a difference between writing a player off and suggesting that the player is not yet ready.