Matt Coulthard | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matt Coulthard

is the same type of player he was in the SANfl reserves, where played most of his games ,got promoted into their league team because Richmond were going to take him and he needed to play min of 3 sanfl league to get drafted ...............they must of seen something in him playing reserves than most others did not ........ given his age .....lack of development or improvement ......he has got to be worried about his spot on the list

Reactions: 1 user
Both he and Green have fallen down a hole after being dropped following not much chance when wearing the vest.

The way theyve used the sub this year has been garbage and has likely been a factor in the drop off in form of these two lads.
If they're feeling disappointed with those circumstances then they have a choice to make...either sulk and crawl back into a burrow or, suck it up and dominate at VFL to prove to everyone that they deserve to be playing AFL level and not just the sub. It's up to them. Do they want it bad enough? Some don't. They've proved they can play the game so do they want to keep improving and work their butt off or do sometghing else for a living? If they don't want to that's fine...next.

Reactions: 1 users
Coulthard had an interrupted preseason. Yep he has been quite disappointing, but let’s see how he performs after the break. As for Green, I’m uncertain if he’s best suited as a small forward or if a midfield role would be more fitting

is the same type of player he was in the SANfl reserves, where played most of his games ,got promoted into their league team because Richmond were going to take him and he needed to play min of 3 sanfl league to get drafted ...............they must of seen something in him playing reserves than most others did not ........ given his age .....lack of development or improvement ......he has got to be worried about his spot on the list
So the only reason he got the 3 SANFL games was coz we were interested and he needed at least 3 games in the seniors to be eligiblefor the msd? Reminds me of when we got Ben Nason.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 2 users
So the only reason he got the 3 SANFL games was coz we were interested and he needed at least 3 games in the seniors to be eligiblefor the msd? Reminds me of when we got Ben Nason.
I just threw up in my mouth a little...

• Haha
Like Green they should be giving these guys a go in other roles.
Being a small fwd in our VFL program wouldn't be an easy gig but neither have particularly impressed playing it that's for sure.

Though to be fair maybe they are giving them other positional opportunities at training etc. & they don't think they're up to it.

Like Green they should be giving these guys a go in other roles.
Being a small fwd in our VFL program wouldn't be an easy gig but neither have particularly impressed playing it that's for sure.

Though to be fair maybe they are giving them other positional opportunities at training etc. & they don't think they're up to it.
Didn't he play on the wing in the VFL a couple of weeks ago? Port Melbourne or the week before? I reckon they're trying to give him a go

Didn't he play on the wing in the VFL a couple of weeks ago? Port Melbourne or the week before? I reckon they're trying to give him a go
Round 16 against Port, 8 or so weeks ago, had 19 disposals then had 24 two weeks later against Carlton. 8 believe he played wing then. Has only kicked 3 goals in his last 9 games, zero in last 4. Just isn't playing well enough in VFL to be selected.

Reactions: 2 users
Round 16 against Port, 8 or so weeks ago, had 19 disposals then had 24 two weeks later against Carlton. 8 believe he played wing then. Has only kicked 3 goals in his last 9 games, zero in last 4. Just isn't playing well enough in VFL to be selected.
Agree. I've got him in the departure lounge. At his age, we'd need to see the graph going up, but it's not.

Like so many on our list, has gone backwards this year.
the rookie list can throw up the odd diamond

Out of our list of 46, we have 10 rookies , too many with too many defiencies

Colina and Coulthard are pretty easy delistings.

Campbell will be upgraded

Bauer, Young & OHB are contracted & will survive for another year

Trigger will also get another year or 2

Blight & Gray ??

2025 Rookie43JacobBauer01-06-223rd year on rookie list in 2024
2024 Rookie44SethCampbell13-09-232nd year on rookie list in 2024
2024 CAT B Rookie39Mate'Colina10-09-204th year on rookie list in 2024
2025/Rookie45TylarYoung11-05-232nd year on rookie list in 2024
2024 Rookie26MatthewCoulthard13-09-232nd year on rookie list in 2024
2024 Rookie36JamesTrezise13-09-232nd year on rookie list in 2024
2025 Cat B Rookie47OliverHayes- Brown31-08-231st year on Rookie list in 2024
2024 Rookie42MykeltiLefau19-02-241st year on Rookie list in 2024
2024 Rookie51JacobBlight29-05-241st year on Rookie list in 2024
2024 Rookie52CampbellGray29-05-241st year on Rookie list in 2024

Reactions: 3 users
Him and Cumberland would be the first 2 cut you'd think.