Little things that annoy you.... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Little things that annoy you....

Sitting at the footy with my brother beside me and a young couple (both maybe 15 or so) making out and giggling, stretched forward in their seats with their knees in the space where our heads fit. Suffer it till half time when I turn around and say my piece. Softly, reasonably, rationally. But on a good day I look like a cross between Chopper Read and the skipper from Gilligan’s Island. She bursts into tears and they both leave with him shaking his little fist at me saying I’ve ruined their day. Geez I’m a horrible person.
Geez. Mean n nasty evil old bugger grumpin at a couple of kids pashing on n getting horny. Probably ruined their future sex lives forever.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Yeh - let em suffer for a while thinking of me when they get all keen and interested. My poor trouble n strife has had to deal with the reality of that for more than 30 years.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Not sure its a little thing anymore but has anyone else noticed that the number of calls from "victoria upgrade programme" have increased massively in the last week despite the cold calling ban? I block every number but they just spoof new numbers every time.

Slow walkers.

(The elderly like Nobets excepted. Disabled also, obviously).
Couple of weeks ago at a shopping centre, I back out to drive away, a dill gets out of his car parked nearby to walk towards the shops but decides to stop in front of my car checking his phone. Looks back at me and slowly walked out of the way as I gave him the ol' Bakes mad stare.....all in deafening silence.

Couple of weeks ago at a shopping centre, I back out to drive away, a dill gets out of his car parked nearby to walk towards the shops but decides to stop in front of my car checking his phone. Looks back at me and slowly walked out of the way as I gave him the ol' Bakes mad stare.....all in deafening silence.
Reckon that was Nobet Pays. Probably got left behind in the aged care outing and was calling for help.

• Haha
Shopping centre car parks are full of morons, both in and out of their cars. It's like a persons IQ is automatically halved the minute they drive in one. People walk in front of and behind moving cars. You go to reverse out of a car park and people keep walking past despite observing a moving car. It doesn't seem to matter that you have started your move, that a car is waiting for your car park etc. They almsot challenge you to knock them over. And they don't speed up. They continue to amble almost aimlessly.

Reactions: 1 users
Shopping centre car parks are full of morons, both in and out of their cars. It's like a persons IQ is automatically halved the minute they drive in one. People walk in front of and behind moving cars. You go to reverse out of a car park and people keep walking past despite observing a moving car. It doesn't seem to matter that you have started your move, that a car is waiting for your car park etc. They almsot challenge you to knock them over. And they don't speed up. They continue to amble almost aimlessly.
Yep spot on. Too many zombies looking at their phones!!

People who don't even try to pick up their walking pace at a zebra crossing.

I'm not even in a rush to get anywhere but can you just look like you're making an effort to not hold me up

I whinge about this all the time. When reversing out of a shopping centre carpark and either some moron walks behind your car or some moron drives around behind your car, making you having to brake to stop hitting them.

Still reckon the moron that parks right alongside you in an empty car park is the most annoying. Abject moron if you do that.

Reactions: 2 users
What I love in car parks is the way I can get a Falcon Wagon in a space in 1 go and I watch those with little hatchbacks take 3 or 4 adjustments to get their cars in a parking spot.

DS

Hate how increasingly, to deal with any business or organisation that you have interaction with, one must download a mobile app. Want to wipe your arse? Oh we don’t sell toilet paper anymore, that’s so last century. We have a mobile app you can download to do that.

No, f..k you! I don’t want your app!

Been going to a 24hr access gym chain, because my old community PCYC is a bit too far from my workplace now.

But suddenly this week, my little token they gave me for swiping, no longer works. I must carry a smartphone with their app on it, that provides a swipeable QR screen. Suffice to say, I told them I’m not downloading it.

Most of the time I run to the gym anyway. So don’t carry a phone. The little key ring token was perfect for my running shorts key pocket……Waiting to hear back from them.

I told them in the email that until they provide me with alternative access, as I’m a paid up member, I’ll continue to tail people into the gym. They hate people doing that. Very much against their rules. A mortal sin if you will.

The rhetoric that apps make things easier and convenient is simply not true. People are so gullible to believe it. The arrangement had been, I pay my money, they give me a key tag to use their gym, we leave each other alone. Easy.

To download the app, I must first login to the member portal, which I’ve never even set up, because I can’t be arsed maintaining yet another online account with a password I’ll never remember.

And what else do I get from the app? Oh all sorts of fitness advice, no doubt with supplements and dietary advice services being marketed to me incessantly. Not to mention the bonus of the database getting hacked and your mobile number getting sold off to scammers.

It’s such an insidious theme, society’s addiction to technology for everything. So much so, that if you dare have one iota of skepticism, you are some sort of pariah.

Not far away, the inevitable passive aggressive coerciveness….”I can’t understand why you won’t get that data chip implanted in your wrist, it’s so much more convenient and we really are trying to make things easier for you. Plus, you’re inconveniencing everyone else by not doing it, how selfish.”

No, it is not a crime (yet) to not have an electronic device fused to one’s person at all times. So I will not partake.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Hate how increasingly, to deal with any business or organisation that you have interaction with, one must download a mobile app. Want to wipe your arse? Oh we don’t sell toilet paper anymore, that’s so last century. There’s a mobile app you can download to do that.

Been going to a 24hr access gym chain, because my old community PCYC is a bit too far from my workplace now.

But suddenly this week, my little token they gave me for swiping, no longer works. I must carry a smartphone with their app on it, that provides a swipeable QR screen. Suffice to say, I told them I’m not downloading it.

Most of the time I run to the gym anyway. So don’t carry a phone. The little key ring token was perfect for my running shorts key pocket……Waiting to hear back from them.

I told them in the email that until they provide me with alternative access, as I’m a paid up member, I’ll continue to tail people into the gym. They hate people doing that. Very much against their rules. A mortal sin if you will.

The rhetoric that apps make things easier and convenient is simply not true. People are so gullible to believe it. The arrangement had been, I pay my money, they give me a key tag to use their gym, we leave each other alone. Easy.

To download the app, I must first login to the member portal, which I’ve never even set up, because I can’t be arsed maintaining yet another online account with a password I’ll never remember.

And what else do I get from the app? Oh all sorts of fitness advice, no doubt with supplements and dietary advice services being marketed to me incessantly. Not to mention the database getting hacked and your mobile number getting sold off to scammers.

It’s such an insidious theme, society’s addiction to technology for everything. So much so, that if you dare have one iota of skepticism, you are some sort of pariah.

Not far away, the inevitable passive aggressive coerciveness….”I can’t understand why you won’t get that data chip implanted in your wrist, it’s so much more convenient and we really are trying to make things easier for you. Plus, you’re inconveniencing everyone else by not doing it, how selfish.”

No, it is not a crime (yet) to not have an electronic device fused to one’s person at all times. So I will not partake.
Satisfying Breaking Glass GIF by getflexseal

Tell ‘em to fix your door token or you’ve got your own app mate.

Bloody insidious, the number of apps n *smile* that are prevalent in society and it’s just getting worse.

• Haha
Satisfying Breaking Glass GIF by getflexseal

Tell ‘em to fix your door token or you’ve got your own app mate.

Bloody insidious, the number of apps n *smile* that are prevalent in society and it’s just getting worse.
Another example this week.

At work, knowing that I do a bit of running/athletics, the social club wanted me to sign up with a team of others to run/walk over the month of July for a mental health charity. You and your team are required to log individual and collective KMs over the month.

I asked how are KMs to be logged? Must download a GPS based running app such as Strava and run/walk with your smartphone or a smartwatch.

I haven’t got into Smartwatches as they are totally unnecessary. And I never run with a phone. A $40 Casio F-91W watch does all I need. Learned to train with one as a teen. Was all that many of us would wear during military service. And still suits my requirements.

Perhaps I’ll simply donate some money to the charity. Maybe some of the money I saved by not overindulging in expensive, unnecessary gadgetry and sticking with the $40 tried and true item.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Hate how increasingly, to deal with any business or organisation that you have interaction with, one must download a mobile app. Want to wipe your arse? Oh we don’t sell toilet paper anymore, that’s so last century. We have a mobile app you can download to do that.

And what else do I get from the app? Oh all sorts of fitness advice, no doubt with supplements and dietary advice services being marketed to me incessantly. Not to mention the bonus of the database getting hacked and your mobile number getting sold off to scammers.

I'm with you on this, making you get an app is just silly. Maybe next time someone tells me that I'll claim I don't have a smart phone (aren't dumb phones a new trend? Hope so, will get around this).

But what really gets me with this sort of thing is that they are massively over-complicating something which should be so simple. I know they are doing it to get the kickbacks from marketing and data, but what they are doing is so much more complicated than it needs to be. You buy a gym membership, they provide access to the gym - nice and simple, nice and easy. Now they make it more difficult for you to access what you paid for. I have never understood why people and organisations want to over-complicate things. Until recently I worked at a university, I spent years resisting putting basic info for students (like who to contact, specific rules for courses/disciplines and the like) into the Learning Management System - the info is not private, not sensitive, not of interest to anyone but the students - why not make it easier for the students to access on a public website rather than making them sign in to get basic info?

DS