Kreuzer's Knee | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kreuzer's Knee

Ian4 said:
stand by mods, coz this is gonna be a little controversial...

i personally have nothing against matthew kreuzer, and the last thing i wanna do is wish injury upon anyone... but i must admit that i wasn't entirely upset this morning when i grabbed the newspaper and read that the player carltank took when absusing the draft system has suffered a major injury.

Karma.

P.S. hope the kid can recover and be back.

skybeau said:
I must say, I find it amusing to read this thread started by a fellow who also implores us to similarly "abuse" the system in his "Limit the wins to 4 Dimma" thread.

Been known to have to pull his foot, or should that be keyboard, out of his mouth before has Ian.

BIN thread ;D

skybeau said:
I must say, I find it amusing to read this thread started by a fellow who also implores us to similarly "abuse" the system in his "Limit the wins to 4 Dimma" thread.

i'm actually amused it took 12 replies for someone to raise this. :hihi

i never said i agreed with the system... but while it is in place, we may as well use it. and we shouldn't forget that carlton manipulated the system at our expense. so premiers2010, i have not put my foot (or keyboard) in my mouth.

Hate Carlton with a passion, but felt sick for the kid when I saw the replay.

He's a great young player, with a ton of heart to match the skills he's been blessed with.

Wish him all the best for a full recovery, hope it's soon and look forward to him being on the losing side whenever we play Carlton.

Cant believe Im even commeting on such a pathetic thread, cant *smile* believe anybody gets anything out of a quality young man potentially having his lively hood taken from him(yes he will probally bounce back and life go's on with or without football), who cares what team he plays for..........no doubt fair bit of jealousy here

Couldn't give a crap about Carlton or any of thier players. Karma has come back to bite them on the arse and I hope they never make top 4. Got what they deserved in the end.

Big Cat Lover said:
How is it karma? Kruezer did nothing wrong and he suffers? Stupid comment.

The guy is a fantastic player and I feel very sorry for him - hope he comes back with no problems
Agree. Wish we had him at Richmond.

Cotchin hasn't exactly had a dream run injury wise thus far, and Kreuzer would have played around 20 more games than Trent already.

So as long as Cotch stays injury free, he should even up the games played ledger a bit.

Applauding an injury to a player - in any guise - is a poor reflection on yourself.

Shame. Shame. Shame.

~stu
:afro

CC TIGER said:
Cant believe Im even commeting on such a pathetic thread, cant *smile*in believe anybody gets anything out of a quality young man potentially having his lively hood taken from him(yes he will probally bounce back and life go's on with or without football), who cares what team he plays for..........no doubt fair bit of jealousy here

Yeah, but I might add that it doesn't matter that it was a promising young player like Kreuzer or the worst player in the league. I'd feel just as sorry for any other player in the comp. Serious injury is not something to take even the slightest bit of satisfaction out of.

I feel sorry for us more than Carlton. now when we whip them good next time, they will have an excuse.

I'd rather beat the best another team has to offer than play them understrength.

If we want to win a flag, we have to beat everyone regardless of who they have or don't have.

CC TIGER said:
Cant believe Im even commeting on such a pathetic thread, cant *smile*in believe anybody gets anything out of a quality young man potentially having his lively hood taken from him(yes he will probally bounce back and life go's on with or without football), who cares what team he plays for..........no doubt fair bit of jealousy here

Well said CC. It doesn't matter who the player or who he plays for, it is always devastating to hear of players suffering serious injuries. How about the [serious injury] to Tayte Pears, is that something to celebrate too.

Just imagine if it was Cotch or Martin or Lids that was injured, how would we feel.

Believe me I dislike the bloos & bombers & collywobbles & now that I think about it every other team in the League as much as any of you, but I would not celebrate players being injured.

Well maybe I did wish Roger Merrett be smashed to a pulp after dropping his knees into Disco Roach's back all those years ago, but that's different, he was an absolute DOG ;D

Don't like this glee about another team's misfortune with injuries. It's bad Karma. It's tempting the football Gods. When you see a player from another team limping off with a bung knee, think but for the grace of the football gods goes Jack or Dustin or Lids. :eek:

CC TIGER said:
TT33 said:
Well said CC. It doesn't matter who the player or who he plays for, it is always devastating to hear of players suffering serious injuries. How about the [serious injury] to Tayte Pears, is that something to celebrate too.

Just imagine if it was Cotch or Martin or Lids that was injured, how would we feel.

Believe me I dislike the bloos & bombers & collywobbles & now that I think about it every other team in the League as much as any of you, but I would not celebrate players being injured.

Well maybe I did wish Roger Merrett be smashed to a pulp after dropping his knees into Disco Roach's back all those years ago, but that's different, he was an absolute DOG ;D
Son of Francis said:
Don't like this glee about another team's misfortune with injuries. It's bad Karma. It's tempting the football Gods. When you see a player from another team limping off with a bung knee, think but for the grace of the football gods goes Jack or Dustin or Lids. :eek:

Agreed. Some very poor comments about a young bloke who has suffered a fairly bad injury.

Yep its a real pity.
Certainly now makes it a lot harder to prise one of their four ruckman out of Carlton at year's end...

Hope he makes a fast and full recovery. I wanna beat the Scum at their best.