Kane Lambert | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Lambert

I reckon Lambo is a good chance to be vfl coach in 2025 with Morro moving to one of the line coaching jobs.

Morro’s ready and it would great experience for Kane.

Reactions: 2 users
Today showed Kane the enormity of the task of making our forwards resembling forwards. I know we have some outs but no matter how we try on forward combination none has really clicked this season

Reactions: 1 user
Today showed Kane the enormity of the task of making our forwards resembling forwards. I know we have some outs but no matter how we try on forward combination none has really clicked this season
Today’s forward structure was totally shambolic. Relied on Kosi as solitary tall (he tried hard), underdone and ageing Dusty (ineffectual), disinterested Bolton (no excuse), Brown (L Plates on as a forward, busted shoulder & not enjoying/wanting physical contact)& battler little men.

With that forward line, we bombed it in throughout - no lowering of the eyes or kicking to advantage even. Very few spot up kicks. Just bombs or hack kicks inside 50. We’re last for a reason and haven’t scored 100 points in any game all season - it was all on display today.

Needed second genuine marking target (maybe Bauer or even try Blight) as a minimum and more dangerous mids/smalls. Personally I’d move Dan Rioli forward again & if Short is to remain in the team, then push him forward too.

Reactions: 1 user
Kane Lambert will depart Richmond to pursue a career away from football in 2025

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
One of my all time favourites.
He was one of the best 2 way runners ive ever seen.
Wish him well

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Confused High Quality GIF

Broady

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users
Kane Lambert emulates everything I love about supporting Richmond. Will be a sad loss but he's young and focused on his family and pursuing his career. Good luck to him for his future.

Reactions: 5 users
All the best Lambert. I'M actually happy with this as i prefer people outside the club coming in atm and i think he came back to premature. He probably should've done his apprenticeship elsewhere first.

Sounds like the average pay compared to the big (and awkward hours) have claimed Lablett.

Like many other assistants who have walked away after the soft cap was drastically reduced during covid and hasn't recovered.

Meanwhile, AFL exec salaries and players have continued there astronomic climb.

More info on why people are walking away from assistant coaching here:

Reactions: 12 users
Sounds like the average pay compared to the big (and awkward hours) have claimed Lablett.

Like many other assistants who have walked away after the soft cap was drastically reduced during covid and hasn't recovered.

Don’t read too uch into this. He’s going to be a stay-at-home Dad. His partner has a strong media career and they will have two very young children to care for.

Reactions: 18 users

Yep players and AFL executives are getting astronomical pay hikes yet clubs are still subject to the soft cap rubbish. Time to remove it let clubs spend what they want.

If they can't manage it that is their problem. We need less clubs anyway. 18 soon to be 19 is too many.

Reactions: 4 users
Lambert what a great player for us. Him leaving the development role / forward line. "it doesn't matter". we need new blood for YZE's football plan, the Hardwick plan is long buried. Fresh quality faces with new ideas and solutions is a must.

Yep players and AFL executives are getting astronomical pay hikes yet clubs are still subject to the soft cap rubbish. Time to remove it let clubs spend what they want.

If they can't manage it that is their problem. We need less clubs anyway. 18 soon to be 19 is too many.
But if we do that #lolnorf may fold, because they can’t compete with the better off financially well run clubs.