Kane Cornes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Cornes

And in an article about Max King, he still managed a drive-by against Richmond.
What? That will be rock bottom for another 36 years and all our kids are duds???
If you want a laugh get the video when the champion data bloke is telling him and I think Healy that we are the only club in the last 25 yrs to change the way the game is played. With champion data forced to add new stats. Like post clearance, balls won at half back etc.
You can see the steam coming out of kornes's head. He is fuming
At 1 stage Cornes interrupts to say that hawthorn or Sydney did also but the champion data bloke came straight back with Not like Richmond.
I couldn't take the smile off my face all day.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 21 users
What? That will be rock bottom for another 36 years and all our kids are duds???
If you want a laugh get the video when the champion data bloke is telling him and I think Healy that we are the only club in the last 25 yrs to change the way the game is played. With champion data forced to add new stats. Like post clearance, balls won at half back etc.
You can see the steam coming out of kornes's head. He is fuming
At 1 stage Cornes interrupts to say that hawthorn or Sydney did also but the champion data bloke came straight back with Not like Richmond.
I couldn't take the smile off my face all day.
Where does one come by that video??

Reactions: 1 user
One flag for Port since joining the AFL n that was 20 years ago. Doesn't look like they've got the list to win another in the next year or two n then they'll be restructuring the list again. Port might wanna be careful or they'll end up with a flag history to match St Kiddenme.

Reactions: 4 users
One flag for Port since joining the AFL n that was 20 years ago. Doesn't look like they've got the list to win another in the next year or two n then they'll be restructuring the list again. Port might wanna be careful or they'll end up with a flag history to match St Kiddenme.
I have no issue with this.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Don't give em too much credit Maso, it's almost 30 years since Snort Powder joined the AFL.

I remember Kane Cornes. He was the brother of Chad Cornes. Very good footballer Chad Cornes. Is Chad Cornes on the gravy train? Or did he get a job?

Hmm, dunno, maybe he joined the Fire Brigade.

DS
Very good stuff, DSSS. Got a job. Making a difference. Have you heard what his less-talented and not altogether useful brother is doing for a crust?

Reactions: 1 users
Snippet from The Age today. Kano has done his mid season report on all clubs, has provided him with another opportunity to sink the boots into us:

17. Richmond​

"Due to the injury crisis, the Tigers have been forced to use a competition-high 40 players this season and five debutants. The list management committee needs to make hard calls on players who lack durability and suffer from repeated injuries season upon season.
The Tigers were uncompetitive from rounds six to 11, highlighted by a 91-point loss to the Bulldogs followed by a 119-point loss to the Lions. New coach Adam Yze was too accepting of these efforts.
They have been more competitive in the last two games against Essendon and Geelong. However, the next five to seven seasons are likely to be filled with pain and disappointment as the club undertakes the rebuild they delayed for too long."

five to seven seasons of rebuilding?

• Haha
Snippet from The Age today. Kano has done his mid season report on all clubs, has provided him with another opportunity to sink the boots into us:

17. Richmond​

"Due to the injury crisis, the Tigers have been forced to use a competition-high 40 players this season and five debutants. The list management committee needs to make hard calls on players who lack durability and suffer from repeated injuries season upon season.
The Tigers were uncompetitive from rounds six to 11, highlighted by a 91-point loss to the Bulldogs followed by a 119-point loss to the Lions. New coach Adam Yze was too accepting of these efforts.
They have been more competitive in the last two games against Essendon and Geelong. However, the next five to seven seasons are likely to be filled with pain and disappointment as the club undertakes the rebuild they delayed for too long."

File this one away for some delicious claim chowder when we make the 8 inside the next couple of years. *smile*.

Reactions: 2 users

17. Richmond​

the commentary seemed rather balanced and fair till the 5-7 years bit

I do get where they are coming from

we can hardly expect outsiders to embrace the likes of Banks , Green , Smith , MRJ, Cumberland , Young , Miller , Ryan, Bauer , Tresize , RalphSmith ...

or our MSD pair Blight and Gray

and I still have PSD flashbacks from the 2004 draft with 5 picks 1 thru 20

as a Tigers tragic I have faith or blind hope that

we have winners in McAuliffe & Gibcus

some of the crew mentioned above will step up to be regular AFL level players

and we will do well out of this years draft

and that coupled with Tarranto & Hopper in our midfield will keep us competitive in 2025 onwards

Reactions: 1 users
Isn’t Corne supposed to be railing against the multitude of recent 7 year deals ? Oh. Hang on….

the commentary seemed rather balanced and fair till the 5-7 years bit

I do get where they are coming from

we can hardly expect outsiders to embrace the likes of Banks , Green , Smith , MRJ, Cumberland , Young , Miller , Ryan, Bauer , Tresize , RalphSmith ...

or our MSD pair Blight and Gray

and I still have PSD flashbacks from the 2004 draft with 5 picks 1 thru 20

as a Tigers tragic I have faith or blind hope that

we have winners in McAuliffe & Gibcus

some of the crew mentioned above will step up to be regular AFL level players

and we will do well out of this years draft

and that coupled with Tarranto & Hopper in our midfield will keep us competitive in 2025 onwards
I don’t think Cornes is wrong with the 5-7 years call. Look at Adelaide, six years and counting since they last played finals, Hawks are 5 years and counting. North 8 years!

We currently have an aging, injury prone senior core and group of kids that are shall we say, underwhelming to put it mildly. To top it off, we are likely to lose some of few players we do have that are their prime years.

Long, painful road ahead.

• Dislike
Reactions: 4 users