Jed Anderson | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jed Anderson

Agreed. If we could get Yarran and Anderson whilst still holding our 1st round pick, that would be a great result.

Might depend on what happens with Astbury or whether any of our other players are traded though.

Tigers of Old said:
Why does he want to leave Hawthorn?

There's something not quite right about this scenario, he was guaranteed games at the start of the year but has been pushed aside by less experienced players. I realise Hawthorn have great depth but they have invested a fair bit in developing Anderson.

I saw him in 2 VFL finals & he performed pretty well , kicked a couple in each, great overhead, loves to tackle

Not too much to dislike I would have thought

taztiger4 said:
I saw him in 2 VFL finals & he performed pretty well , kicked a couple in each, great overhead, loves to tackle

Not too much to dislike I would have thought

Are Hartung & O'Rourke better players? I had huge hopes for Anderson at the start of the year, couldn't believe he'd fallen out of favour to such an extent.

bullus_hit said:
Are Hartung & O'Rourke better players? I had huge hopes for Anderson at the start of the year, couldn't believe he'd fallen out of favour to such an extent.

Different players, I think at this point in his career Jed can only be played forward IMO due to lack of tank , & not too many forward spots available in the Hawks line up

I could be totally wrong though :)

Also Im a better player than Jono O'Rourke !!!

bullus_hit said:
There's something not quite right about this scenario, he was guaranteed games at the start of the year but has been pushed aside by less experienced players. I realise Hawthorn have great depth but they have invested a fair bit in developing Anderson.

Agree. Showed plenty now on the move? What's the catch?

bullus_hit said:

For what ever reason think it would be a case of buyer beware.

bullus_hit said:

He's streets ahead of O'Rourke imo.

Hawks have put a lot of effort into him. I think he has a young family as well. Very surprising that he'd want to move. He had glandular fever which basically wrote off a lot of 2015.

Would definitely like him at Punt Road.

St Kevin said:

Hawks have put a lot of effort into him. I think he has a young family as well. Very surprising that he'd want to move. He had glandular fever which basically wrote off a lot of 2015.

Glandular will definitely pull you back a peg or two, could be a bargain if that's the reason behind his demise.

Harry said:
wants to go to west coast

Crazy. Wants to leave for more opportunities in the midfield and probably going to the 2nd best midfield (behind Hawthorn) in the comp who are probably also adding Redden and Jetta to their midfield in this time. Will get more opportunities at other clubs IMO.

Sintiger said:
I have seen very little of him.

He was very ordinary in the VFL grannie
Yeah, I wrote the same after VFL gf yet the commentators kept talking him up.

St Kevin said:

Had glandular fever myself when I was young.
Done some serious sleeping. No energy.
Can knock you around a lot.

waiting said:
Well I can tell you we are not one of the clubs looking into Jed.

There are 5 !

Yep, looks like it's only Carlton, Norf, Crows, Lions and Bummers interested in him, while we're still waving the white flag and looking into mirrors.

waiting said:
Well I can tell you we are not one of the clubs looking into Jed.

There are 5 !

Not surprised weve conceded trade period is over Blairs gone on :tumbleweed