Jake Batchelor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jake Batchelor

Good time for Batch to take over coaching our VFL side. Assuming our recruiters don’t *smile* the bed and half the list isn’t injured every week, he’ll have some serious young talent at his disposal. Top four and even a VFL premiership should be the goal for the next few years.
Teams with lots of talented 19/20 year olds often struggle in the VFL because they come up against experienced players more physically developed. The VFL is often a more congested and physical game as well because the grounds and conditions aren't as good.

It is going to be a lot of fun watching them but I would be tempering expectations on success. It depends on how many of the vfl listed players we can keep tbh.

Reactions: 1 users
Soft cap is still too restrictive. Needs to go the same way as the stand rule.

We have plenty of spare cash. Yze is the lowest paid coach from Hardwick who was the most expensive. Then we lost Burge and went cheap.

Club needs to target the best.

Reactions: 1 user