Jake Batchelor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jake Batchelor

Great stuff Jake. Welcome home.

Good luck stepping into some really big shoes with Morro stepping up.

Reactions: 4 users
Great stuff Jake. Welcome home.

Good luck stepping into some really big shoes with Morro stepping up.
I reckon what we achieved in the vfl this year has been underestimated by many. 55 players used was the quote on the website, at times we had 3-4 afl listed players available.
Good reward for Morro as well.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
I reckon it will look like

Yze ..senior
Morris...forwards
Truck ...defence
Caracella...stoppages
Newman ...midfield
Batchelor...vfl
Lonergan development
Ziebiell ....development
Maric ....ruck

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Yze ..senior
Morris...forwards
Truck ...defence
Caracella...stoppages
Newman ...midfield
Batchelor...vfl
Lonergan development
Ziebiell ....development
Maric ....ruck

Speaking of Big Ivan, his jumper presentation speech for Tamara Luke is exceptional.

• Love
Jake has done his coaching apprenticeship and shown he has the right ideas so it is good to bring him back into Tigerland to hopefully build on Morris's good work at VFL level

Ok - who do you like this year!! You nailed this one.

Haha. That was a time when I exited a long term relationship and invested my time in junior footy. Saw a lot in 2009 and 2010 between Vic and Qld.

I first saw Parker as an under-ager while watching Griffiths on the Gold Coast in 2009. Parker was used as a forward in that game and he caught my eye massively. I followed him closely the rest of that year and the next. I was disappointed we went Batchelor over Parker. I was right. Can't believe he dropped as far as he did.

I don't watch anywhere near the same amount of junior footy these days. Only really highlights and that was good enough for Greg Miller.

Anyway, my pick for this year is Lalor. I'm not taking him number 1 but I reckon we will look back in 10 years and he could be the best performed player in this draft.

Reactions: 1 user

Yze ..senior
Morris...forwards
Truck ...defence
Caracella...stoppages
Newman ...midfield
Batchelor...vfl
Lonergan development
Ziebiell ....development
Maric ....ruck
Underwhelming.

Yze needs more experienced coaches. We need to invest more here.

Reactions: 1 user
Underwhelming.

It's one of if not the most experienced boxes in the game

Rutten carracella newman yze all veterans now Morris lonergan Batchelor all coached their own sides in solid comps

My only concern is is it to much richmond...newman maric Morris lonergan Batchelor
..Is it to much inside voice

Reactions: 1 users
Good time for Batch to take over coaching our VFL side. Assuming our recruiters don’t *smile* the bed and half the list isn’t injured every week, he’ll have some serious young talent at his disposal. Top four and even a VFL premiership should be the goal for the next few years.

Reactions: 1 users
Underwhelming.

I dont mind the set up. Morris is underrated. Brilliant coach.

I agree though we still need at least 1 more senior assistant. Cam Bruce is one I would look at.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users