Jager O'Mera | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jager O'Mera

Report in today's Hun that he's had an arthroscope to remove a small flap of something in his knee. Delayed his comeback till about round six. Definitely a buyer beware for anyone considering the Jaeger bomb.

tha8ball said:
Damaged goods. Kid looked set to be a superstar. Doubt he will ever reach his full potential. Shame

Agree.
His body can't keep up with his ability.

tha8ball said:
Damaged goods. Kid looked set to be a superstar. Doubt he will ever reach his full potential. Shame
Yep, they don't often come back to their full ability after wretched injury runs like this.

The thing I notice with GC youngsters is they get BIG VERY QUICK!

Looking at JOM, he is way too big for a youngster.

His body does not have the tolerances for that kind of extra mass yet. Ditto Bennell.

IMO the Fitness blokes up there are to blame.

We forget Chimp had a couple of years of Achilles injuries before getting over them.

1 season is a long long time in footy, if he got through the second half of the season his price would be high , but still a risk, again if we finished top 4 I'd be inclined to take the punt , of course depending on price, lots of ifs an buts, but he could well be the difference, again a champion race horse ain't much good with 3 legs

Been saying this injury will hinder his career long term for a while.

The appeal of a move to Melbourne is to set himself up for life after footy from what I have heard.

Shame both he and Crouch seem to be injury riddled. Having said that, I've always thought Jaeger was a tad overrated so unless we got him for cheap I'd pass.

blx said:

His body does not have the tolerances for that kind of extra mass yet. Ditto Bennell.

wasn't Dank there for a while? may have passed on some trade secrets

O'Meara will be a fair bit cheaper than he was valued this time last year. Had 2 major injuries since then and a history of knee issues.

blx said:

yep. and there's a few of them in the AFL. they come from a different school of thought - translating it into football seems to cause issues for some players because it's not always individually geared. like doctors who prescribe the same medicine for everyone. dumb.

blx said:

Mmm. Interesting.