Jager O'Mera | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jager O'Mera

Lets face it. If he was a horse our kids would be using him to glue cellophane onto paper.

yandb said:
In the off season I believe it was reported that O'Mera saw Richmond doctors with regards to ongoing knee issues so I believe that our recruiting dept would be clued up on the current state of his knees.

really ? didnt see that anywhere

realistally , If Jaegar wants out of GC, it would be to go back to WA I believe

zgod said:
Lets face it. If he was a horse our kids would be using him to glue cellophane onto paper.
Well he obviously won't be playing any footy this year then, matter of fact I'm bloody surprised they haven't put the cage around him n put him out of his misery.

I'm more Ollie Wines school of thought.

Sine losing Tuck and Jackson (almost a good name for Pub), we seriously need a grunt mid, so for mine it's horses for courses.

The other issue is that some of the worst trades in history have involved long striding mids. They are to recruiters what an iceberg was to the Titanic.

We were happier than Jennifer Hawkins mattress when we recruited John Pitura, but look at how that turned out! Billy Barrott had a great career with us, but was gone before the paint dried on his locker after transferring to the Saints.

Jordan McMohan is another that comes to mind (i know, he's no Jager O'Mera but...). The pick we gave up ended up being used for Callum Ward. McMohan is best remembered for not going near the ball until doing so cost us pick 1 in the following season's draft. We win on the last kick of the day against a very average side in Melbourne who were playing "can we lose, yes we can".

Geoff Raines was hotter property than the Great Ocean Road on Christmas day last year, but fizzed with the Pies. He did little better at Essendon on the footy field, somewhat better off the field much to the frustration of Mike Richardson.

We thought we'd got one back on the Pies when we grabbed Phillip Walsh, but his best year was his first. Same could be said for Frank Marchesani when the Blues swiped him from the Lions.

Essendon traded Neville Fields to the Swans for 2 beasts and no beauty. Fields flopped, and the Daniher boys are now part of folklore at Essendon.

Let's not even go near the Andrew Lovett trade to the Saints. Ross Lyon may be wondering is lightening could possibly strike twice with another long striding troubled mid he's recently recruited.

Let's also not discuss the long striding mid we recruited instead of Pav.

Jager O'Mera does look like a jet, but i'd prefer the grunt, particularly considering his knee which isn't the typical reco.

*smile*el said:
I'm more Ollie Wines school of thought.

Sine losing Tuck and Jackson (almost a good name for Pub), we seriously need a grunt mid, so for mine it's horses for courses.

The other issue is that some of the worst trades in history have involved long striding mids. They are to recruiters what an iceberg was to the Titanic.

We were happier than Jennifer Hawkins mattress when we recruited John Pitura, but look at how that turned out! Billy Barrott had a great career with us, but was gone before the paint dried on his locker after transferring to the Saints.

Jordan McMohan is another that comes to mind (i know, he's no Jager O'Mera but...). The pick we gave up ended up being used for Callum Ward. McMohan is best remembered for not going near the ball until doing so cost us pick 1 in the following season's draft. We win on the last kick of the day against a very average side in Melbourne who were playing "can we lose, yes we can".

Geoff Raines was hotter property than the Great Ocean Road on Christmas day last year, but fizzed with the Pies. He did little better at Essendon on the footy field, somewhat better off the field much to the frustration of Mike Richardson.

We thought we'd got one back on the Pies when we grabbed Phillip Walsh, but his best year was his first. Same could be said for Frank Marchesani when the Blues swiped him from the Lions.

Essendon traded Neville Fields to the Swans for 2 beasts and no beauty. Fields flopped, and the Daniher boys are now part of folklore at Essendon.

Let's not even go near the Andrew Lovett trade to the Saints. Ross Lyon may be wondering is lightening could possibly strike twice with another long striding troubled mid he's recently recruited.

Let's also not discuss the long striding mid we recruited instead of Pav.

Jager O'Mera does look like a jet, but i'd prefer the grunt, particularly considering his knee which isn't the typical reco.
frick enel

Jaeger O’Meara seriously considers move to a Melbourne club next year (paywalled)

JAEGER O’Meara’s manager will meet with Gold Coast on Wednesday as he seriously considers a move to a Melbourne club next year.
The Herald Sun reported last September he seemed destined to leave the Suns, having bought a property in Melbourne as he considered his next step.

West Australian O’Meara has a Melbourne-based girlfriend with a new job in advertising who shares his Prahran apartment.
At this stage it would take a significant change of mind for him to consider a long-term contract on the Gold Coast.

Clubs including Carlton, Richmond and Hawthorn would be expected to come hard at O’Meara if he announces his departure.

The Suns received a huge shot in the arm with news star forward Tom Lynch was keen to stay on a new three-year deal.

But while Lynch has always been wedded to the Gold Coast, 21-year-old O’Meara is destined to play football in a big city.

He has no desire to move back to Perth and spent large chunks of the off-season in Melbourne.
Industrious midfielder Dion Prestia has also been contacted by most Melbourne clubs and will assess his options during the season.

Here we go again. No chance
More chance winnng Ozlotto, powerball and Tatts in the same week.
Is Collingwood interested if so we should just step aside.

what would i give to get him ..................

zippadeee left nut for starters!

zippadeee said:
Here we go again. No chance
More chance winnng Ozlotto, powerball and Tatts in the same week.
Is Collingwood interested if so we should just step aside.
:hihi

Due diligence definitely required in this case on his injuries.

nswtiger said:
what would i give to get him ..................

zippadeee left nut for starters!

Leave my nuts out of this.
Unless he is a C grader struggling at his current club we have no chance

I'll back us in. I'd be rapt with either. We have lived and learnt. Both would be good.

zippadeee said:
Leave my nuts out of this.
Unless he is a C grader struggling at his current club we have no chance

We've reportedly been into O'Meara for a year. Do Collingwood still have their 1st round pick in this years draft?

no they gave it up last year for trealor. There a number of teams that gave up early picks.

go polo said:
no they gave it up last year for trealor. There a number of teams that gave up early picks.

Thats what I thought, I can't see how they can get him then.

IanG said:
We've reportedly been into O'Meara for a year. Do Collingwood still have their 1st round pick in this years draft?

I wouldn't give away one first rounder away for him.
Little ellis will prove to be a gun
No need giving away picks