Jager O'Mera | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jager O'Mera

zippadeee said:
I wouldn't give away one first rounder away for him.
Little ellis will prove to be a gun
No need giving away picks

Oh that's right, Gold Coast will just let him go for anything we offer. It will take our 1st pick and something minimum. Even our first pick won't be that flash, though being a good draft year might boost it's value. They'll want a quality player.

Jonesracing82 said:
would love O'Meara, but he's had the same injury that cost us C.Knights so that's the worry
That's right but the good thing is we have a year to see if his injury has any lasting impact

he is just about number one target for me....if he is fit

DLR said:
Oh that's right, Gold Coast will just let him go for anything we offer. It will take our 1st pick and something minimum. Even our first pick won't be that flash, though being a good draft year might boost it's value. They'll want a quality player.

I would think for either JOM or Prestia we would probably need to be looking at our 1st rounder plus a tall, 1 of Griffiths or McBean but hopefully we could get a 2nd rounder back so we are still in the first 2 rounds of the draft. I'd be stoked with either JOM or Prestia, they would propel us to the next level along with our internal growth.

DLR said:

If we win the flag our first pick won't be worth much. Maybe we should tank...

Sintiger said:
That's right but the good thing is we have a year to see if his injury has any lasting impact

he is just about number one target for me....if he is fit
Didn't he use our facilities whilst down here after his surgery.

Baloo said:
Same manager as Bennel and McCarthy
*smile*!

Tigers of Old said:
Let's just see how those knees go..
If they hold up, the price will be huge, however could well be a top 10 player, has it all this kid....if the knees hold up.

CC TIGER said:
If they hold up, the price will be huge, however could well be a top 10 player, has it all this kid....if the knees hold up.
I wouldn't have the stones to sign him. It would be just richmond's luck to sign him and his knees crumble to dust within half a season.

As usual clubs like Hawthorn will go in with a Marlin rod while we come equipped with a handline.

evo said:
As usual clubs like Hawthorn will go in with a Marlin rod while we come equipped with a handline.

41tNLSQgESL._AC_UL115_.jpg

evo said:

Most likely our offer will be 3yrs $900,000
Hawthorn 3yr $900,010

Won't budge and fold our offer

Then pick up a port player in the SANFL

evo said:

Well when the bait is three premierships in a row, to our three something else in a row, I wont blame the kid for his choice.

We have to pay overs, or bail.

Tames said:
Well when the bait is three premierships in a row, to our three something else in a row, I wont blame the kid for his choice.

We have to pay overs, or bail.
The Hawks reign won't last forever and their list is ageing. I think he is smart enough to see this. It could be a very poor decision to sign a long term contract with the Hawks just as they are about to fall off the Premiership cliff and have to start a genuine rebuild.

Broders said:
The Hawks reign won't last forever and their list is ageing. I think he is smart enough to see this. It could be a very poor decision to sign a long term contract with the Hawks just as they are about to fall off the Premiership cliff and have to start a genuine rebuild.

Or if they keep topping up with high quality, ready made, players, they can move one out, and one in, to stay at the top of the ladder.

K3 said:
Or if they keep topping up with high quality, ready made, players, they can move one out, and one in, to stay at the top of the ladder.
Well then they have a lot of topping up to do over the next few years which may be made slightly more difficult through losing some players who currently qualify for the veterans list which allows them to pay approximately $120,000 per veteran outside the salary cap. All are fairly important to the success of the Hawks with the exception of Puopolo and Spangher.

30 and Over:

Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Burgoyne & Gibson

28 to 30:

Roughead, Birchall, Frawley, Puopolo & Spangher