Jager O'Mera | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jager O'Mera

dennik

Tiger Cub
Dec 12, 2008
Heard a rumour on radio that Richmond are going hard to get Jager O'Mera in 2017. Possible trades would include Griffiths, Conca and Vickery depending how these 3 go this year.

Massive risk.
Surgery on both knees last year.
Lets see how he goes in 2016

that rumour has been floating around for a few months now. hasn't lived up to expectations... yet.

#1 draft pick, Rising Star first year, plateaued slightly second year. Sounds like someone else we know...

After Trengove I'm confident we'll conduct the appropriate lemon testing.

dennik said:
Heard a rumour on radio that Richmond are going hard to get Jager O'Mera in 2017. Possible trades would include Griffiths, Conca and Vickery depending how these 3 go this year.

They would be looking for a tall for sure so could definately see them being interested in Griffiths and Vickery as they only really have Lynch (also out of contract), Day and Wright. Hell lets offer them all 3 and get O'Meara and Lynch!! Oooh dreaming now!!

Another big fish! We should be able to squeeze at least 100 pages out of this.
Can't see us trading TV maybe Griff and Mcbean...

zgod said:
Another big fish! We should be able to squeeze at least 100 pages out of this.
Can't see us trading TV maybe Griff and Mcbean...

100 pages until he signs with Collingwood and then another 100 about why we can't attract a big fish

His knees are a total mess. Would rather someone who won't be on a modified/restricted program for the rest of his footballing days.

Ghost of 29 said:
His knees are a total mess. Would rather someone who won't be on a modified/restricted program for the rest of his footballing days.

Yep, buyer beware. Love his talent but this requires extreme due diligence.

In the off season I believe it was reported that O'Mera saw Richmond doctors with regards to ongoing knee issues so I believe that our recruiting dept would be clued up on the current state of his knees.

Guess this year back in the game will decide how messed up Jaeger's knees are.
Pretty sure Diesel managed a few years with bone on bone knees, so has Burgoyne n pretty sure McLeod had plenty of issues with his knees over the years. Stevie J had ankles that were stuffed as well according to the medicos.
I've absolutely no idea how big the issues have been with Jaeger's knees but theoretically the surgeries n season off should have fixed things. If he comes back well n performs up to the expected standard then we'd be crazy not to have a look if he comes available.

TigerMasochist said:
Guess this year back in the game will decide how messed up Jaeger's knees are.
Pretty sure Diesel managed a few years with bone on bone knees, so has Burgoyne n pretty sure McLeod had plenty of issues with his knees over the years. Stevie J had ankles that were stuffed as well according to the medicos.
I've absolutely no idea how big the issues have been with Jaeger's knees but theoretically the surgeries n season off should have fixed things. If he comes back well n performs up to the expected standard then we'd be crazy not to have a look if he comes available.

Yeah agree TM, its actually in all sports is interesting as some players and not always the great ones have the ability to play through injury and pain.. Don't want to derail thread but Hewitt was an animal in this sense, he should have been sidelined probably 5 years ago, obviously never saw the best of him in last 5 years but still a top 50 player which was an amazing effort considering his injuries