Is Jack Riewoldt too lazy and arrogant to become a gun ?? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Is Jack Riewoldt too lazy and arrogant to become a gun ??

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
I am slowly running out of patience with Jack, just hope this year is his defining season and our faith is repaid. I am frustrated that he has not bulked up again this year when that it is clearly what he needs to do to take his game to another level. For gods sake he is the same height as cousin Nick! In the 3 month off season he should have worked his guts out and transformed his chicken arms into 20 inch pythons and turn himself into an imposing figure. Anyway hopefully jack becomes the player we think he can be and he thinks he is.

Jack is likely to become a handy player but not the gun forward you/we hope.

I don't know if Jack is arrogant or not but it's a trait a lot of elite sports people seem to share. I certainly wouldn't mind if he was arrogant. Better than being introverted on the field.

As for his bulking up, he would be on a managed program and we're not privy to what is required of him or whether he's on track with what's required of him in that department..

Like all of our players Jack should have a clean slate and be judged on his actual performances rather than past efforts.

thegdog said:
chicken arms

Richmond+Tigers+Training+Session+XNS6S9BX_Vfl.jpg

I' m thinking the OP doesn't have a bad point, Duckman. Not sure he used the right perjoratives but I too expected Rooey to be bigger by now. What say you?

Silly topic.

Here is Riewoldt's vital stats over the past three seasons.

Year Games Disposals Marks Goals Behinds
2009 20 258 127 32 27
2008 18 194 87 18 8
2007 8 53 25 7 3

However you want to spin those numbers the trend is undeniably upward and will likely continue this year and beyond. He will eventually become a 50-60 goal forward and a cornerstone of a new look Richmond forward line.

Reiwoldt is the least of our problems. End discussion.

Has worked hard in the last 3 years to tranform his body from looking like eating fish & chips everyday to a more balanced diet. Has lost a lot of that fat around his waist and arse. I think from next year we will start seeing more muscle defintion.

No doubt will need to step up this year. As they say about talls they take time, has the potential of becoming a gun just like Vickery & Rance.

evo said:
I' m thinking the OP doesn't have a bad point, Duckman. Not sure he used the right perjoratives but I too expected Rooey to be bigger by now. What say you?

I thought he started to look pretty solid later in the season and I'm sure I saw a training pic of his recently that made him look pretty buff.

Can no one see that pic I posted?

TigerFurious said:
Silly topic.

2009 20 258 127 32 27
2008 18 194 87 18 8
2007 8 53 25 7 3

However you want to spin those numbers the trend is undeniably upward and will likely continue this year and beyond. He will eventually become a 50-60 goal forward and a cornerstone of a new look Richmond forward line.

Agree. And if somewhat arrogant... great stuff!

Those stats show that he's steadily improved each year he's been with us.

Can't ask for much more than that, especially from a young tall.

He's inconsistent, but no doubt anyone playing in the Richmond forward line will be inconsistent.

We,ll have to put up with a HFF to be our focal point for the time being.
In an ideal world jack would be the perfect HF Flanker.

TigerFurious said:
Silly topic.

2009 20 258 127 32 27
2008 18 194 87 18 8
2007 8 53 25 7 3

Yes. Thats a good trend.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_rankings?year=2009&rt=LA&st=MA
He averaged 39 most marks in 2009 which is pretty respectable for his age.

This year I'd hope he breaks into the top 20. A player who may be a good comparrison with him in the future is Robert Murphy (who is at 6). If we can get that sort of output i think we could be well satisfied.

He is extremely important to our future. Continue discussion.

skybeau said:
Gee, anyone would think it was "unjustifiably bash all our promising talls" month here on PRE.

It appears that way. Maybe I’ll get into the swing of things by starting a thread that Andrew Brown will never be a good as Dean Cox so should be delisted

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
He's 193cm isn't he? Plus he has a good leap. He is not quite Jonathon Brown size but still more than tall enough to hold a KPP.

Lets not start making too many excuses for him.

Disco08 said:
I thought he started to look pretty solid later in the season and I'm sure I saw a training pic of his recently that made him look pretty buff.

Can no one see that pic I posted?
can see it now.

He dioes look a bit bigger than I thought he was in that shot, I must admit.

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:

Why can't he play KP? He's 193cm and he's shown he can do it already with decent success without Richo last year. It included sometimes getting doubled teamed by much heavier, more mature opponents because we didn't have any other tall options up there.

Nothing wrong with what he has shown so far and I think he's going to be a very, very good player if not an A grader in time. I look forward to him getting some assistance in the near future with hopefully Griffiths, Astbury and co battling it out for the other key posts up forward. I can't believe people expect so much from young KPP's so early on. He only just turned 21 a few months ago.