Injury watch 2015 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Injury watch 2015

Newman out with back problem so where did he do that ?. Might have done it after he dropped the soap in the shower after last weeks non event.

Tigaman said:
Newman out with back problem so where did he do that ?. Might have done it after he dropped the soap in the shower after last weeks non event.
posdible but likely.

Where did the chaplin and newman injuries come from !! Not mentioned on the injury list this week. Either did something at training or hopefully just minor injuries and being given a precautionary week off.

TigerMasochist said:
Not just the Tigers carrying plenty of injuries early this year, players from all clubs seem to be dropping like flies on a massive mortein overdose. Just a random guesstimate but perhaps the extra long pre season has caused some over training or something. Can't recall so many players copping injuries as this season for a long time.

Also, Essendon's drug injection regime has spooked everyone into being exceedingly cautious. Hence, running goes up, recovery goes down = injuries.

tiger_25 said:
Where did the chaplin and newman injuries come from !! Not mentioned on the injury list this week. Either did something at training or hopefully just minor injuries and being given a precautionary week off.

Precautionary is my guess. We'll be betting a few guys back for Geelong I'd say.
The guys in the team need to play well

Interesting to read on the site that can't be named that Kingy is suing the AFL for a career ending toe injury. It also mentions him injuring his foot in rd 10 2013 but playing out the rest of that season. I hope that doesn't impact on RFC for playing him. Surely if it was an injury worthy of potential litigation Kingy could have made a good case for not being selected?

rosy23 said:
Interesting to read on the site that can't be named that Kingy is suing the AFL for a career ending toe injury. It also mentions him injuring his foot in rd 10 2013 but playing out the rest of that season. I hope that doesn't impact on RFC for playing him. Surely if it was an injury worthy of potential litigation Kingy could have made a good case for not being selected?

Parrott mentioned it last night on The Footy Show and I was waiting to hear the RFC in his words but to no avail. Hopefully we are not part to blame and I doubt Push Up would do that.

rosy23 said:

I read it more as a workers compo type claim as a opposed to suing for negligence.

New York Tiger said:
I read it more as a workers compo type claim as a opposed to suing for negligence.

I can't see why the 2013 situation would be mentioned if it was. Surely he can't get compo when he played the season out following the alleged injury..

per rfc website

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news-and-media/injury-list

Drummond Knee Seaso
Petterd Foot 10-12 weeks
Knights Hamstring 9-11 weeks
Butler Knee 6-8 wee
Lambert Shoulder 5-6 weeks
Griffiths Calf 1-3 week
Deledio Calf 1-2 weeks
Chaplin Calf Test
Newman Back Test
Grimes Hamstring Available
Conca Hamstring Available

Just looking at the AFL teams injured list, Richmond has 4 of the 8 players listed with calf injuries.

The conditioning staff did a very good job at keeping players on the park last year, but not so good this season.

I wonder if they have changed the training loads this season.

It's a fair list that's testing our depth more than at any time over the past 3 seasons.
If the depth can't stand up against modest opponents then we're not good side.

tigerman said:
Just looking at the AFL teams injured list, Richmond has 4 of the 8 players listed with calf injuries.

The conditioning staff did a very good job at keeping players on the park last year, but not so good this season.

I wonder if they have changed the training loads this season.

Ignoring the players that have been deemed available this week, it is actually 2 out of 8. Apparently a contributing factor to our calf injuries is the hard surface at the G after the cricket world cup, we have played 3 of our 4 games there and both Deledio and Griffiths pulled up sore after games there. Chaplin was a minor tweak, one week for a calf is nothing, had he been 22 instead of 29 I suspect he would have played through.

I agree we do seem to have more injuries than recent history and I was wondering if it had anything to do with a tough pre season. But then again Conca, Grimes and Knights have always been injury prone, and you can't do much about impact injuries like Drummond & Lambert.

Tommy Gun said:
Ignoring the players that have been deemed available this week, it is actually 2 out of 8. Apparently a contributing factor to our calf injuries is the hard surface at the G after the cricket world cup, we have played 3 of our 4 games there and both Deledio and Griffiths pulled up sore after games there. Chaplin was a minor tweak, one week for a calf is nothing, had he been 22 instead of 29 I suspect he would have played through.

I agree we do seem to have more injuries than recent history and I was wondering if it had anything to do with a tough pre season. But then again Conca, Grimes and Knights have always been injury prone, and you can't do much about impact injuries like Drummond & Lambert.

The Mcg surface might have something to do with it, because as I mentioned last season we had such a good run which I'd like to think is more to do with good management than good luck.

Both teams are out as per the usual Thursday night team selection routine.
Not selected are

Drummond Knee Seaso
Petterd Foot 10-12 weeks
Butler Knee 6-8 wee
Griffiths Calf 1-3 week
Deledio Calf 1-2 weeks
Gordon. Quad. 1-2
Foley Knee soreness - 1

Mckenzie Not sure
Soldo Who knows?

DirtyDogTiger said:
Not selected are

Drummond Knee Seaso
Petterd Foot 10-12 weeks
Butler Knee 6-8 wee
Griffiths Calf 1-3 week
Deledio Calf 1-2 weeks
Gordon. Quad. ??? Weeks
Foley No idea
Mckenzie Not sure
Soldo Who knows?
I think I read somewhere that Soldo is playing TAC Cup this season ?

Do all the other teams who have played at the MCG have players coming down with calf injuries?

DirtyDogTiger said:
Not selected are

Drummond Knee Seaso
Petterd Foot 10-12 weeks
Butler Knee 6-8 wee
Griffiths Calf 1-3 week
Deledio Calf 1-2 weeks
Gordon. Quad. 1-2
Foley Knee soreness - 1

Dan Butler Knee 5-7 weeks
Brett Deledio Calf Test
Nathan Drummond Knee Season
Nathan Foley Knee Test
Ben Griffiths Calf Test
Chris Knights* Hamstring 8-10 weeks
Kane Lambert Shoulder 3-5 weeks
Ricky Petterd* Foot 9-11 weeks

Gordon not mentioned

Round six versus North
Teams are posted
Not selected are:

Drummond - knee R5 - Season
pEtterd. - foot R2 - 10
Knights R3 -hammy 9
Lambert R2 - shoulder 5
Butler -knee R1 - 6
Foley - knee R5 - 1

conca - ?
C Ellis ?
Short? All three played last week

Lennon and Soldo aren't selected but I don't think It's injury related.