Injury watch 2015 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Injury watch 2015

PJ in Osaka said:
What's happened to Butler, menadue and Elton?

Butler and Menadue were seen laughing, high fiving, drop kicking, flick passing, banana bending, kicking barrels, blind turning, selling dummies , kicking straight, bouncing either hand, running fast and enjoying themselves.

They have been sent to re-education gulags, comrades, to learn the virtue of thrift, prudence ,hard work, forward pressure and obedience to the party (line).

It is unlikely we will see them soon Vladimir!

lamb22 said:
Butler and Menadue were seen laughing, high fiving, drop kicking, flick passing, banana bending, kicking barrels, blind turning, selling dummies , kicking straight, bouncing either hand, running fast and enjoying themselves.

They have been sent to re-education gulags, comrades, to learn the virtue of thrift, prudence ,hard work, forward pressure and obedience to the party (line).

It is unlikely we will see them soon Vladimir!

That makes me sad. Need another rice wine.

Coburgtiger said:
Staying to get into trouble a little with injuries.
Deledio, Edwards, Grimes, Conca, Petterd, Lambert, Vickery... not ideal.

If only we'd kept Miller, Lukey and Azza for insurance.

Lucky we can promote Thomas!

lamb22 said:
If only we'd kept Miller, Lukey and Azza for insurance

Ah, the old dud insurance policy play - was that part of that combined thingy?

The Don said:
Grimes has a hammy, I hear. Now that's a surprise. Not.

Starting to get few soft tissue injuries.

Starting? I want to know when the poor guy stopped getting them. His family is cursed for soft tissue injuries.

The_General said:
Starting? I want to know when the poor guy stopped getting them. His family is cursed for soft tissue injuries.

Yeah, fair comment, General. I probably should have finished the sentence ....

Starting to get a few soft tissue injuries in the club. Wonder if it has anything to do with Burge's pre-season training program and the team being fitter than previous seasons?

We have had a good run with injuries in recent years but looks like this year might not be so great. Our depth will be tested.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Round 3 (r1 vfl)
Both Teams out

7 not named

Deledio
Conca
Petterd
Grimes
Lambert
Butler
Soldo
Add Knights n possible Elton to that list n it almost looks like there'll be room for a promising youngster or two to be elevated for a senior game soon. Apart from Lids the rest are basically second tier foot soldiers missing in action.

lamb22 said:
What time is it over there PJ?

(apart from rice wine time)

Sorry for the late reply Lambo.

I'm one hour behind AEST, and 2 for daylight savings. I get to follow all games on Twitter earlier than everyone.

Knights is on the LTIL now but they haven't decided who to promote. I'd go for Shorty or Arnott, but wouldn't be surprised to see Thomas.

Round 4, both teams selected

10 not available

Petterd 11 foot
Lambert 7. Shoulder
Deledio 1 -2 calf
Conca 1 hammy
Grimes 1 hammy
Butler - knee

Knights 10-12 hammy (NEW)
Newman - back (NEW)
Chaplin - calf (NEW)
Thomas - ?? (NEW)

Soldo also missing, again

DirtyDogTiger said:
Round 4, both teams selected

10 not available

Petterd 11 foot
Lambert 7. Shoulder
Deledio 1 -2 calf
Conca 1 hammy
Grimes 1 hammy
Butler - knee

Knights 10-12 hammy (NEW)
Newman - back (NEW)
Chaplin - calf (NEW)
Thomas - ?? (NEW)

Soldo also missing, again
Not just the Tigers carrying plenty of injuries early this year, players from all clubs seem to be dropping like flies on a massive mortein overdose. Just a random guesstimate but perhaps the extra long pre season has caused some over training or something. Can't recall so many players copping injuries as this season for a long time.