If you could have 2 players from the past.... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

If you could have 2 players from the past....

Royce, best CHF of the game

We need leadership and hardness therefore Captain Blood

plus I would just love to be lucky enough to see either play live

Mark Lee & Michael Roach - 1980 - would make a massive difference in structure.

Roach would kick 150 goals a season under the current rules re hands in the back, holding in marking contests etc; not to mention his goal kicking.

Roach
Jess
Richo on the wing
Lee

I know that is more than two but really, lets face it, a team who has a 1st year player currently leading its best and fairest needs all the help it can get ;D

Maurice Rioli and Michael Roach. Not that they could pull us out of the doldrums ( they didnt in the 83-87 era) but they were great to watch.

MrRuss said:
Richo and Royce.

We fall down miserably in the forward line this year, and OMG what I'd give to see these 2 in there and giving the kids upfield confidence in kicking to a target

You just know that Richo would jump into Royce and end his career

1960's Billy Barrott and *smile* Clay
1970's Bartlett and Hart
1980's Roach and Rioli
1990's Richo and Knights
2000's Richo (wing version) and Leon Cameron

tigertim said:
Maurice Rioli and Michael Roach. Not that they could pull us out of the doldrums ( they didnt in the 83-87 era) but they were great to watch.

Just what I was going to post. :fing32

Royce Hart and Francis Bourke
The talent, courage and leadership of these two would put every player on the current list to shame.

Tigers2011 said:
Roach would kick 150 goals a season under the current rules re hands in the back, holding in marking contests etc; not to mention his goal kicking.

beat me to it. agree 100%. The horrible injuries he suffered were due to the fact he was so good and fearless and bums like gary malarky were allowed to punch him up, and the 1 central ump never saw anything anyway. Roachy would have been better than N reiwoldt and the best kick for goal I've ever seen. Would be an absolute unstoppable superstar today.

Before I saw this post I was gunna say John Mrakov and Andrew Underwood.

TygerTyger said:
The General - because we need someone who can ruck
Scotty Turner - because we need a mean bastard down back (well, at least one who is taller than 5'2")

Geoff Hogg - because we need some skill kicking for goal
Brodders - because we need someone who knows how to handball
Stafford - need someone to interchange with Lee
Richo - because we need someone to cheer
Cameron - need someone who can kick in the back half
Tony Free -- need some steel in the middle

gets my vote.

Tigers2011 said:

Disco was a star but he wouldn't kick 150 slotted into our current lineup without the help of Weightman, Wood, Raines, Wiley, Rowlings & Bartlett etc.