If you could have 2 players from the past.... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

If you could have 2 players from the past....

everyone is taking the mickey with this topic, then lets change it to the WORSE of the WORSE to ever worn our Jumper in the last 20 years..
Fleming
Billy Nicholls
Marsh,
Blumfield,
Matthew manfield
Dundas
Slater,
rombitis,
hollands,
fiora,
pattison
hall,
bisscombe,
james

thats my list add the 300 hundred more that have worn our great jumper..

I would also love to see Craig Biddiscombe and David Bourke. Both would provide great leadership to the youngsters and bourke would provide that extra target in our forward line we so badly need.

Kevin Bartlett and Brian Taylor.

We could then mess up their early develoment, trade them before they played 20 games and not have to put up with their constant snipes at Richmond in the commentary box.

Bill James said:
Kevin Bartlett and Brian Taylor.

We could then mess up their early develoment, trade them before they played 20 games and not have to put up with their constant snipes at Richmond in the commentary box.

very true, why do so many ex RFC players bag the club they served?
K.B
taylor
sheedy
cloke

The General - because we need someone who can ruck
Scotty Turner - because we need a mean bastard down back (well, at least one who is taller than 5'2")
Geoff Hogg - because we need some skill kicking for goal
Brodders - because we need someone who knows how to handball
Stafford - need someone to interchange with Lee
Richo - because we need someone to cheer
Cameron - need someone who can kick in the back half
Tony Free -- need some steel in the middle

Royce, without any hesitation whatsoever.

Maurice Rioli, if we could have got him as an 18 year old instead of when he had turned 25.

Honorable non Richmond mention, Stephen Michael. I am led to believe we actually had him signed when we got Maurice, but he never came over.

Out of interest, I once heard Polly Farmer say that he had actually signed with Richmond as an 18 year old, but he never came over and the deal lapsed. Back then, that would have been an impressive bit of recruiting.

From my era - Knights and Richo without a hesitation.

But if I could have a third one as well Paul Broderick wouldnt be too far behind. Very smart footballer.

Streak said:
I would go Richo and Broderick from 'my era', which I consider runs from post 1982.
From 1982 until now. I could easily pick 5 blokes from our regular 1995 team who I would love to have in our team now.

Knights
Richo
Gale Brothers
Maxfield
Broderick

Phillip Walsh and John Annear so I could re-live the pain of the Rich/Coll trade war.