How much will the cats win by this weekend? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

How much will the cats win by this weekend?

Geelong will do only what they have to. Long season, hard to build up for a game against us.

If we challenge in any way they will put the accelerator on.

Win by 30 odd which will mean nothing to them as it did for the whole game and a whole lot of Richmond supporters will see gold in a team treating us that way just because it doesnt show up on the scoreboard.

Teams like Geelong know that thrashings sides like us dont really help thier cause at the end of the season.

LandyJessKeane said:
Geelong will do only what they have to. Long season, hard to build up for a game against us.

If we challenge in any way they will put the accelerator on.

Win by 30 odd which will mean nothing to them as it did for the whole game and a whole lot of Richmond supporters will see gold in a team treating us that way just because it doesnt show up on the scoreboard.

Teams like Geelong know that thrashings sides like us dont really help thier cause at the end of the season.

Sounds plausible enough in theory, but there are a few similarities to 2007. Geelong coming off a disappointing loss and a week of soul searching, Richmond winless, and it's Round 6 again...

The margin to me is irrelevant in this game.

I will just be very pleased when we score our fist goal. Seriously. I watched the game with Sydney with a growing sense of dread when we took so long to score a goal.

The topic title should be "How many positive signs will we see from our youngsters against the best team in the comp?"

It's a great opportunity to see who's got what it takes.

We all know the scoreboard is irrelevant this year.

Let's meet them head on.

if we can hold them to a margin off under 80 points, it will be a positive. tough assinment for our young pups,against a fired up cats at home.

We'll get outscored by 4-5 goals per quarter...somewhere around the 100-120 pt mark...

I was actually predicting <10 goal prior to seeing the teams...

11 points down qtr time
32 points down half time
35 points down at 3 qtr time
52 point loss

who really cares what the margin is, its a vfl team against the afl premiers at there home ground,

Not that it matters.....but the only thing that might save us from a humiliation like Rd 6 2007 is that its at Skilled Stadium...I haven't been able to find stats on highest scores there, but they'd be unlikely to score as heavily there as they would under the roof at the dome. Be nice if its not all over at at quarter time at least......

They are predicting rain on Sunday, therefore that should limit the margin to about 80 points :p