hardwick smart | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

hardwick smart

Lidsand

Chimp Mail - Delivering Since 2007
Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne
i like that hardwick hasn't exposed martin and cotchin to a flogging in the middle this week by resting them. we cant win so its no use them getting belted for 120 minutes by bartel and ling.

shows some great thinking and forward planning

Resting would be a normal and sensible option for two promising kids in a side getting belted week in and week out.

Would not have to be a rocket scientist to work that out.

Happy with the Hardwick love on this forum but to give him credit for a commonsense move is a bit over the top.

ROLLS ROYCE said:
Happy with the Hardwick love on this forum but to give him credit for a commonsense move is a bit over the top.

true , but considering his predecessors didn't show much of that its understandable it stands out...

Unfortunately it looks like Cotch and Martin have not been rested:

"Richmond young guns Trent Cotchin and Dustin Martin have been forced from the team through injury for Sunday’s trip to Geelong."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/93306/default.aspx

:'(

ROLLS ROYCE said:

Yeah, let's bag him instead ::)

Might this just be the first time ever that the Richmond hierarchy have gone into a game without the slightest intention of even trying to win?

ROLLS ROYCE said:
Yeh, fair call in the footsteps of Spud and Wally.
Seconded.

Cogs and to some degree Foley were both canned to death.

Smart move resting Martin.

I actually think Cotchin is out because he is genuinely injured. Was definitely limping after a kick he did in the 3rd quarter last week. Hopefully just being cautious though.

LidsBling&Cotch said:
i like that hardwick hasn't exposed martin and cotchin to a flogging in the middle this week by resting them. we cant win so its no use them getting belted for 120 minutes by bartel and ling.

shows some great thinking and forward planning
Agree,with finals in September we don't want to burn them out

23.21.159 said:
Yeah, let's bag him instead ::)

Might this just be the first time ever that the Richmond hierarchy have gone into a game without the slightest intention of even trying to win?

Surprised McMuffin wasnt selected.

thomas the tiger said:
Have we all gone soft. Resting players, I have heard it all.

Agreed.

Never going to find out if these kids can play unless we pitchfork them in to the guts. They're never going to learn about the pressure of AFL footy unless you put them head to head with the senior players week in/week out.
Nobody plays AFL without some niggling injuries. These young blokes have got to learn the realities of professional sport.

After all this time of putting up with long term losers like Simmonds, Tuck, Jackson and even Cousins, it's about time we put players like Browne, Martin, Cotchin and Nason up against some decent class to find out what they are made of.

RedanTiger said:
Agreed.

Never going to find out if these kids can play unless we pitchfork them in to the guts. They're never going to learn about the pressure of AFL footy unless you put them head to head with the senior players week in/week out.
Nobody plays AFL without some niggling injuries. These young blokes have got to learn the realities of professional sport.

After all this time of putting up with long term losers like Simmonds, Tuck, Jackson and even Cousins, it's about time we put players like Browne, Martin, Cotchin and Nason up against some decent class to find out what they are made of.

what bollocks.

RedanTiger said:
Agreed.

If you want to keep repeating the endless cycle of failure this would be the way to do it.