Hands up if you think JR is a skinny flanker with an attitude disorder? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hands up if you think JR is a skinny flanker with an attitude disorder?

SCOOP said:
The things I like most about JR’s display I didn't notice till I watched the replay. Jack tapping Schofield on the shoulder after the terrible free kick in the third ofr number 6 or 7. Jack kicked the goal and on the way back to the square watched the replay, shook his head as to dismiss the free kick and patted Schofield on the shoulder. Class act.

Yeah I noticed and liked that too.

Probably not the sort of thing an "arrogant" player would do. But not the sort of thing the average player would do either.

One of the articles this week about Jack talked about him being mistaken for being arrogant because he is different, exuberant and loud. It's not the same thing at all.

He's a breath of fresh air imo and not only from a footy development perspective.

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Lets see when he gets double teamed.

you must be kidding. Some of his grabs have been with half the opposition side hanging off him.

evo said:
Yeah, he is like an old fashioned full forward, eh. He has resurrected the dying art of goalsquare wrestling.

best thing about him though in the last few weeks is that when he lines up from a reasonable angle you are highly confident he will slot it. Sat behind about 4 or 5 of his goals last week and they were gunbarrel straight. Kicking action looks perfect.

JR will be our CHF. He might play a bit closer to goal than some, but he's a CHF

tigersnake said:
JR will be our CHF. He might play a bit closer to goal than some, but he's a CHF
As Jimbob was saying to Madcow, there isn't really positions in footy these days, instead there are 'jobs'.

SCOOP said:
The St Kilda game and the Eagles games had a Riewoldt buzz about them that I haven't even heard since the Richo days. The roar every time the ball went into the forward 50 is huge at the moment. The Richmond crowd over the last two weeks actually expect Riewoldt to pluck everything, almost to the point of shock when he hasn't. Not a bad shock or a he's not good enough shock, just surprised that he didn't get it.

And I think Jack gets that. I think to a small degree he gets the plight of the Richmond supporter. He feeds off the crowd, the small fist pumps walking back to the square acknowledging the crowd after a goal, the turning to the crowd after the 10th. Jack clearly wanted to share that with the crowd, he fed off it. It was a cracking day.

The things I like most about JR’s display I didn't notice till I watched the replay. Jack tapping Schofield on the shoulder after the terrible free kick in the third ofr number 6 or 7. Jack kicked the goal and on the way back to the square watched the replay, shook his head as to dismiss the free kick and patted Schofield on the shoulder. Class act. Also the hug between Connors and Jack after the game. Best mates, house mates who had gone through the Connors suspension worked through it, got Connors back in the 1's and were able to enjoy the moment together. Don't undersell the role Jack takes in Connors future.

The interview JR gave to SEN after the game was very controlled, just about mentioned every one of his teammates on the day and talked about it was his job to finsih off the good work of others. Dermie credited him with giving such a mature interview and how much it reeked of leadership potentials. Cotchin and Jack are the leaders of this club moving forward. No doubt.

Nice post Scooper. Good read.

I'm not worried about sides double teaming Jack ....his Feynman footy IQ and immaculate ground skills will continue to sort the full back wheat from the chaff. Jack's bag of tricks is very very deep. Most full backs are footballing Homer Simpsons as far as smarts go. I can't wait to see him on Scarlett now....will be a duel. They'll do everything to stop him at the Gabba. I'm marking him down for 6.

Tiger said:
tigergollywog when ru going to be satisfied. You probably would not satisfied unless you were dissatisfied!
Golly gee -

I think you may have missed my point tiger, but ill answer anyway

A: When Capt Crazy Cow says "Yep, Im wrong" and perhaps Crumpet Avenger comes back on here and says "JR's last month have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt how little I know about footy"

JR standing up like he has proves how right the club was to flick Schulz and Hughes.

Hayfever said:
JR standing up like he has proves how right the club was to flick Schulz and Hughes.

Agreed Mr Sneeze. The club clearly made the right choice.
However lets hope that there's an emerging backup somewhere else because we'd be stuck if Jack goes the way of Nick this season.
Be very nice to see one or more of Post, Astbury & Griffiths become damaging key forwards also.

Big Cat Lover said:
Just admit you were and are wrong to say Jack is not a KPF - you'll feel better
Lets wait and see once Jack gets more respect from opposition coaches.

tigersnake said:
you must be kidding. Some of his grabs have been with half the opposition side hanging off him.
Half the side.Geez what were the other half doing? :hihi

Barnzy said:
:hihi

Then we can have Robin Nahas the KPF up at FF. We have it all worked it, what a set-up!
Agree.Thats a winning combo_Opsssssssss hold on did i mention Winning. :help

You cannot be serious?

Get's more respect? Before the St.Kilda game there were articles after articles on the guy, Ross Lyon knew he was a threat, and he still kicked 6 and looked unstoppable, after seeing that and more news all around Australia on him, you don't think Woosha would have had some respect? Ten minutes into the game Woosha had all his plans thrown out the window. Double team Jack after 4 goals in the first ten, Jack still kicks another 6 for the day!

I am very happy to have Jack as our main forward. He has so many traits that make him one of the best KPF in the game. He reads the ball in flight better than anyone, he is elite in contested marking, he has Elite footy nous and smarts and even when the ball hits the deck, he will be a danger.

How can he not be a KPF?

unlike the media, oppostion coaches watch their rivals teams very closely and any foward scout worth his salt would have picked up about 5 weeks ago that Jack is on fire and the key to our foward line

Have my fingers crossed that if Griffiths turns out to be the player the expectations suggest - double teaming Jack won't be quite as easy to do. Dimma & co have all stated that we can't have too much of a reliance on one goalkicker which is common sense anyway.

Tigerbob said:
You cannot be serious?

Get's more respect? Before the St.Kilda game there were articles after articles on the guy, Ross Lyon knew he was a threat, and he still kicked 6 and looked unstoppable, after seeing that and more news all around Australia on him, you don't think Woosha would have had some respect? Ten minutes into the game Woosha had all his plans thrown out the window. Double team Jack after 4 goals in the first ten, Jack still kicks another 6 for the day!

I am very happy to have Jack as our main forward. He has so many traits that make him one of the best KPF in the game. He reads the ball in flight better than anyone, he is elite in contested marking, he has Elite footy nous and smarts and even when the ball hits the deck, he will be a danger.

How can he not be a KPF?
If Lyon knew he was such a threat before the game then why did he leave Blake on him on his own?Then all of a sudden we edged closer to the Saints.What does Lyon do? oh wait dble Team Jack.Game set match,they run away with the game.Would Lyon take such a gamble against a Brown,Richo at the start of the game? I think not.
As for Worsfold.Same applys.
Jack by himself one on one is just about unbeatable.Can he cope with being dble teamed?I think not.Hence the reason why i think he,ll be a better HFF than a KPF.