Hand it over Jobe Watson, Cotchy is the 2012 Brownlow medalist! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hand it over Jobe Watson, Cotchy is the 2012 Brownlow medalist!

Ready up on Wikipedia for list of Brownlow winners, modifed on 11 Jan, must be Swiss time!

Chimp and Mitchell were denied he Brownlow because Jab was on PEDs. Hollow is Jabs medal, justice is Chimp and Sam being awarded the medal today.

Jobe must be stripped of the Brownlow (no coincidence that he has been average ever since). Meh whether Cotchin gets it or not, feels pretty pointless now.

I'm warming to the idea of Chimp and Mitch being awarded the medal. It's only fair and makes no sense for nobody to have won it.

This stinks to high heaven. Cotchy and Mitchell should have brownlows, Watson should be ineligible, just like McKernan and Grant. But because of the tenor of the 3 year fiasco, the poor players, they've been through so much....blah blah, Cotchy has said I think, he wouldn't take it now anyway. It stinks. I hate it.

Sam and Trent should be awarded the Brownlow title, weather they want to receive it or not.
They were the Best and Fairest for that year.
Olympic medals/titles are stripped from cheats caught years later and rightly given to the athlete that didn't cheat.

Watson should be stripped of his Brownlow. Him getting votes and the medal as a cheat shouldn't stand. I'd opt for no Brownlow for that year. The ball game would change dramatically if Watson and his cheat mates hadn't got votes that year. Interesting to see what happens. I wonder if the AFL will keep their noses out of it or if they'll even make a decision trying to win back some respect.

We are not talking about 18-19 year old boys.

Watson and others (eg Fletcher) taken AWAY from the club MANY times and injected with drugs very likely to include banned (but difficult to detect) compounds.

When is that EVER normal practice jobe? dustin? monfries?

Makes me sick...Rohan Connelly...oh the poor players, blah blah blah.

The trampling of human ethics here (part of my line of work) is astounding. Scientists face criminal charges for doing to a laboratory animal what Hird oversaw doing to his players.

2012 Medal will always have an asterisk. Not fussed if they do/don't award it to Chimp and Mitchell.

And a generation of tigers supporters who've had precious little to celebrate for a very long time have missed out on the joy of watching our champ awarded the medal on brownlow night. No matter what happens now weve been robbed of that celebration too

rosy23 said:
Watson should be stripped of his Brownlow. Him getting votes and the medal as a cheat shouldn't stand. I'd opt for no Brownlow for that year. The ball game would change dramatically if Watson and his cheat mates hadn't got votes that year. Interesting to see what happens. I wonder if the AFL will keep their noses out of it or if they'll even make a decision trying to win back some respect.

I also reckon it'll work out like that if Watson is stripped. Seems too belated now for Mitchell and Chimp to enjoy it.

tigerstrang said:
hollow.....

I don't think its hollow at all. Jobe is officially a drug cheat. the AFL have no other option but to take it off him.

case in point: walker Jared Tallent. he won the silver in London, but there have been rumours about the Russian gold medallist for years... which in the coming months its almost certainly about to be proven true. he wants the gold medal and thinks he deserves it. how is this any different?