Growing Up | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Growing Up

Yep very generous. I'm actually nervous about this week. It's basically their GF this week, they win and they're in with a good show of making the final 8, lose and their chances take a perilous nose dive. Huge game for them and they're not as bad as what they showed against the swans.
This week is the week we should really reinforce what we're all about.

Tommy H said:
Yep very generous. I'm actually nervous about this week. It's basically their GF this week, they win and they're in with a good show of making the final 8, lose and their chances take a perilous nose dive. Huge game for them and they're not as bad as what they showed against the swans.
This week is the week we should really reinforce what we're all about.
Weirdly enough I think playing away this week will be good for us. No worries about how the crowd are behaving, we know they're going to be overwhelmingly for the Crows and we can just concentrate on continuing to foster the us against them mentality and feel like the underdog, which we seem to thrive on.

Blind Faith said:
Richmond $1.70 Adelaide $2.15 onTAB

that looks better - agree it is Adelaide elimination final now - but it was the same last year when they had to win to get back into the 8 and we were able to deny them - expect the same on Friday - tough, close game but one that hopefully the tigers control.

DirtyDogTiger said:
I'd think adelaide fans would be openly praying for some miracle.

Duno, think most opo fans still see us as flakey.

We are starting to do the things that are changing peoples minds. But even for a brightsiders like me, I feel better at a result rather than an expectation. If we win at least 4 of the next 5 then hopefully I can put my baggage in storage.

Win a final and I will put it out for hard rubbish.

Shame, vintage luggage is worth a few bucks these days. Maybe I'll eBay it. Plenty of those Cheat and essondrugs fans will need extra room for all their long-suffering ahead.

Article in today's Age by Rohan Connolly notes that we are the second most consistent team behind Freo over the last 18 months and with 9 wins from our last 11 games, we should feel some confidence going into this week's game....So based on some fairly solid stats we have every reason for going into the next game with a lot of confidence. After years of being flakey though, it's taking a while to adjust to the new reality...which is that this team is now a pretty formidable outfit....(barring injury to Lids :)

Let's see how grown up we are.

Looking like the typical win against the odds followed by a letdown that this club specializes in at this stage.

Tigers of Old said:
This loss highlights what's wrong with our team more than anything.
Can't yet win when the expectation is there.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

This is Richmond.

When the focus is on stopping a better team playing their way, we are good. When the other teams focus is on stopping us, we struggle. And we are simply unable to adjust. Its why we struggle against the weaker sides.

toby64 said:
When the focus is on stopping a better team playing their way, we are good. When the other teams focus is on stopping us, we struggle. And we are simply unable to adjust. Its why we struggle against the weaker sides.
good call Toby. We can stop, but can we make the play?

toby64 said:

Yep.

Another step forward yesterday.
4 quarter performance against quality opposition, broke their spirit & and put our foot on their throat.
Significant development.

Tigers of Old said:
Another step forward yesterday.
4 quarter performance against quality opposition, broke their spirit & and put our foot on their throat.
Significant development.
For me the important thing was that once the Tigers had their foot on the Pies throat they didn't lift it until the siren. Have been waiting a long time to see that ruthlessness in our team

UKTiger said:
For me the important thing was that once the Tigers had their foot on the Pies throat they didn't lift it until the siren. Have been waiting a long time to see that ruthlessness in our team

Me too. It's what good sides do. Hell knows we have been on the receiving end far too often

Turning into a seriously good side. Others are noticing it too. We had a thread here a while back 'smell the terror'. I'm getting that now.