Graham - first ruck in 2010 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Graham - first ruck in 2010

BBC

Here comes the hairdryer.
Feb 16, 2005
Melbourne
I watched the game on Fox Sports today and was really impressed with Angus.
He was very competitive in the ruck.
He kicked 2 goals and was a good target in the forward 50.
He was much better than Simmonds.

I can't understand why he would be given 2010 to play first ruck.
Aged 22 he part of the future along with TV and Browne.

Agree, Gus was good today. Like his game forward, he crashed the pack, and took a couple of solid marks. He offered more than Polak in the forward 50.

BBC said:
I watched the game on Fox Sports today and was really impressed with Angus.
He was very competitive in the ruck.
He kicked 2 goals and was a good target in the forward 50.
He was much better than Simmonds.

I can't understand why he would be given 2010 to play first ruck.
Aged 22 he part of the future along with TV and Browne.
We didn't want to rush him. ;D
Big fellas body's take time to mature. ;D
He did well big Gus. I hope he can keep improving and show consistency.

Re: Well done Graham!! - first ruck in 2010

Great game today by big Gus. He has to stay in the team. Provides a lot more than Simmo (who has been great but like all players, is ageing.)

First game for the year. Thought he did very well.
If he rotates with TV out of the square it could be worth a couple of goals to each a week.
Gives Riewoldt and Morton the opportunity to run around the flanks as well.
Would not be putting Simmons back in the 22 on Grahams performance this week.

RFC56 said:
Agreed, Gus gave us more in one game today than Simmonds has all year

Agree with ya RFC56 with your thoughts on Gus,.... though i hear that Simmo was going to retire last year and DH ask him to stay on another year so that our smaller (Thin) rucks could develop with without getting smashed.

A very good game by Gus, and i've been pretty critical of him this year :-[.

Agree - can't believe he took those marks, considering all the comments coming out of Coburg saying he couldn't mark over a 5 year old.

Threw around his weight much better than Simmonds. Is quicker/better with his hands (ie handballs) and wasn't too bad below his knees.

Grabbing those two marks in the forward line was great. Just shows how much we need a big tall marking forward when we get all excited about Angus down there.

Agree. Was solid today. Will never be a gun but is probably our best option as no. 1 ruck at the moment & will be a decent no. 2 ruck option going forward when Vickery (hopefully) takes over in that position. Still has a bit of improvement left in him & is a giant.

Good work Gumpus

bigwow said:
Agree, Gus was good today. Like his game forward, he crashed the pack, and took a couple of solid marks. He offered more than Polak in the forward 50.
Should have always been in ahead of Simmonds

Thought he was great in the ruck. Gave our players first opp in the center.
Took a couple of strong marks in the forward.
Nice game :clap

I can see a 2 year contract coming up.

Very suprised by his effort today, he even took a few marks over his head.

It'll be hard now for Simmo to come back in the side if Gus continues this form.

not that haw rucks were much chop...2 underdone logs...

Much better test for Gus next week...Hille and Ryder.

jb03 said:
Amazingly showed more up forward today than Vickery ever has.

Sure did, especially when one has been the system for 6 years compared to the other who has played a handful of games.