Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

the wug shedding tears of joy & lost for words.
i prefer ugly wug.
He's always great in interviews, just struggles to control his immediate reactions on the course. Seems well liked by the other pros.

I don't mind his carry on, you know he cares.

Reactions: 1 user
He's always great in interviews, just struggles to control his immediate reactions on the course. Seems well liked by the other pros.

I don't mind his carry on, you know he cares.
There's a difference between caring and blaming everything and anything but yourself. And that's what he does. He bitches and whines about everything. Nothing is his own fault. Can't stand him.

Petulant whiner in the extreme.

There's a difference between caring and blaming everything and anything but yourself. And that's what he does. He bitches and whines about everything. Nothing is his own fault. Can't stand him.

Petulant whiner in the extreme.
Nah, he cannot control his emotions. Is he really bitching and moaning to anyone but himself? Doubt he genuinely believes he is unlucky. Self-regulation not s strong point, likely has ADHD.

Seems well liked by his peers.

Nah, he cannot control his emotions. Is he really bitching and moaning to anyone but himself? Doubt he genuinely believes he is unlucky. Self-regulation not s strong point, likely has ADHD.

Seems well liked by his peers.
Are you serious ? He blames the greens, he blames the wind, he blames unlucky bounces. He blames bad lies. I've even seen him blaming his 3 wood for not being good enough !

"How the **** did it do that ???" on every missed putt.

Even this week he was complaining about the greens and got told to shut up by one of the commentators. He did the same thing at the BO where he missed the cut and bitched and whined about the set up.

The guy is a complete pain in the arse. As Sam Torrance said, he needs to own up to his own play a lot more.

There's a difference between admonishing yourself for hitting a bad shot and bitching and moaning about everything else being the reason for it.

The World's Unluckiest Golfer. Total fwt.

Last edited:
Are you serious ? He blames the greens, he blames the wind, he blames unlucky bounces. He blames bad lies. I've even seen him blaming his 3 wood for not being good enough !

"How the **** did it do that ???" on every missed putt.

Even this week he was complaining about the greens and got told to shut up by one of the commentators. He did the same thing at the BO where he missed the cut and bitched and whined about the set up.

The guy is a complete pain in the arse. As Sam Torrance said, he needs to own up to his own play a lot more.

There's a difference between admonishing yourself for hitting a bad shot and bitching and moaning about everything else being the reason for it.

The World's Unluckiest Golfer. Total fwt.
Can’t stand the *smile* , imagine trying to make a living playing with him , Surley someone’s going to tell him to SfU one day .

Hopefully we don’t get a surge of Wug juniors coming through

Can’t stand the *smile* , imagine trying to make a living playing with him , Surley someone’s going to tell him to SfU one day .

Absolutely.

It's ok to complain about yourself for hitting a bad shot - we all do that eg "You dhead." or whatever - but that's NOT what he does. He does the exact opposite and whines about something else causing the bad shot. He almost never concedes he's hit a bad shot.

During the BO I think it was, Jon Rahm was caught a couple of times rolling his eyes at his caddy when WUG would go into one of his regular whiney "it's unfair" rants. (Not that Rahm is all that great either on that front.)

Absolutely.

It's ok to complain about yourself for hitting a bad shot - we all do that eg "You dhead." or whatever - but that's NOT what he does. He does the exact opposite and whines about something else causing the bad shot. He almost never concedes he's hit a bad shot.

During the BO I think it was, Jon Rahm was caught a couple of times rolling his eyes at his caddy when WUG would go into one of his regular whiney "it's unfair" rants. (Not that Rahm is all that great either on that front.)
Thing is he stands there whinging on the tee or green after he’s been frowned on by the golf gods and got another bad break , so then his playing partner has to stand and wait for him to pick up is hanky , cry some more before they can then go into their routine , he’s a flog on course

I think most pros are so wrapped up in their own games they wouldn't know their playing partners are there half the timne, doubt anything other than time-wasting bothers them much.

Old Tyrell is lucky you guys ain't running a tour he would clearly not be welcome!

Slow play, gamesmanship, cheating etc are much worse offences IMO. Tyrell berating himself or the course is more theatre than anything IMO.