Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

How good have the Kims been. A few errors late on day 2 cost them but Si Woo might be my new favourite golfer. Adam Scott was fantastic, especially having to lug around that spud Pendrith for 36 holes - cost him a point in the morning and nearly again in the arvo. Surprised Weir used the same eight players all day, leaving J.Day on the bench while Pendrith and Connors spudded it up.

How good have the Kims been. A few errors late on day 2 cost them but Si Woo might be my new favourite golfer. Adam Scott was fantastic, especially having to lug around that spud Pendrith for 36 holes - cost him a point in the morning and nearly again in the arvo. Surprised Weir used the same eight players all day, leaving J.Day on the bench while Pendrith and Connors spudded it up.
Pendrith and Conners terrible. Not sure what Weir was thinking going with Conners McKenzie twice either.

Another rubbish International performance.

Big mistake to bench Min Woo for much of the President's Cup. He makes birdies which is what you want in match play.

Stiffed an iron to 3 feet for birdie on the last to halve with the world number 6.

Big mistake to bench Min Woo for much of the President's Cup. He makes birdies which is what you want in match play.

Stiffed an iron to 3 feet for birdie on the last to halve with the world number 6.
Yeh, Weir made some *smile* decisions.

USA too good though, gee the guys out early made a heap of putts to snuff out any comeback thoughts.

Reactions: 1 user
Pendrith and Conners terrible. Not sure what Weir was thinking going with Conners McKenzie twice either.

Another rubbish International performance.

reckon ur a bit harsh red.
watched it last night not knowing result & it held my interest.

the number of holes won per team over the 4 days @450 holes was virtually even...116 v 117.
a couple of good thrashing wins (4 int) on day 2 foursomes slightly skewed that but nothing like the last ryder cup hole deficit of +26 & +25 for the last presidents cup for virtually the same results.

day 2 comeback was spectacular viewing.
weir made a crazy move on day 3 fielding the same team am & pm....ignoring form asu say & exhausting all concerned for pm & day 4 singles.

yank long putting (as usual) hard to beat...that & the canadians' poor form probably the diff.
hendly, cantlay & si woo kim were my stars.

Reactions: 1 user

the number of holes won per team over the 4 days @450 holes was virtually even...116 v 117.
a couple of good thrashing wins (4 int) on day 2 foursomes slightly skewed that but nothing like the last ryder cup hole deficit of +26 & +25 for the last presidents cup for virtually the same results.

weir made a crazy move on day 3 fielding the same team am & pm....ignoring form asu say & exhausting all concerned for pm & day 4 singles.

yank long putting (as usual) hard to beat...that & the canadians' poor form probably the diff.
Intersting stats aa.

The putts the yanks canned on the last singles day was crazy. The Internationals never really got any momentum that last day.

I wasn't hard enough Ankle Cabrera.

They got flogged. Forget about holes. Collective calcs of the holes means f all. It's the matches that count. And on that front they got hammered. Again.

These bunch of losers have only won once in 15 attempts ! C'mon. That's embarrassing. And some of the perennial duds that keep showing up ?

Jason Day is now 6-12. Pathetic. Adam Scott is now 20-28. Badly overrated. Pendrith and Conners 2-7. Yay Canada ! Matsuyama 9-13. Also overrated. Tom Kim 3-5. Shut up and play instead of carrying on all the time. And on and on....

Just wind it up. The Internationals are shocking. Fraudulent phoneys the lot of them.

One bloke in the press conference asked yesterday if this thing was worth continuing. No !