Goddard | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goddard

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Doesn't fit out list profile. Not over the hill now of course, but he will be when our list is in its prime.

Our year is 2013 - has to be the year ending in 13 ;D

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Doesn't fit out list profile. Not over the hill now of course, but he will be when our list is in its prime.

Goddard has 6 years left, perhaps 4 at an elite level. Looking at the free agency production line he's the best option from the 2002/2003 draft period. From 2004 there's a few players who will arouse strong interest but they will be very difficult to prise away, the thing I like about the Goddard option is St Kilda are on the cusp of a rebuild and are ripe for the picking.

bullus_hit said:
Goddard has 6 years left, perhaps 4 at an elite level. Looking at the free agency production line he's the best option from the 2002/2003 draft period. From 2004 there's a few players who will arouse strong interest but they will be very difficult to prise away, the thing I like about the Goddard option is St Kilda are on the cusp of a rebuild and are ripe for the picking.

They should be (about to rebuild); depends on who gets the job though. I'd have thought they would want to keep Goddard as there's a bit of an age gap to the next oldest (Schneider). Saints have plenty of others to trade with less footy left in them. Goddard would cost an arm and a leg.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
They should be (about to rebuild); depends on who gets the job though. I'd have thought they would want to keep Goddard as there's a bit of an age gap to the next oldest (Schneider). Saints have plenty of others to trade with less footy left in them. Goddard would cost an arm and a leg.

He'll cost a lot for sure but any free agent worth his salt will command top dollar, St Kilda won't want him to leave but will Brendan want to spend 3-4 years at the foot of the ladder? If there's one player who would be itching for the premiership it's BG, I really think that hunger will lead him to greener pastures.

bullus_hit said:
He'll cost a lot for sure but any free agent worth his salt will command top dollar, St Kilda won't want him to leave but will Brendan want to spend 3-4 years at the foot of the ladder? If there's one player who would be itching for the premiership it's BG, I really think that hunger will lead him to greener pastures.

Hmmm, well there are better options than us if he's in a hurry. Goddard grew up barracking for Carlton. Popular perception at the end of 2009 was that Collingwood was still a way off, so they went and got Jolly and Ball. Carlton are close.

StK would almost be negligent not to trade him considering where they'll be in 2 years. Goddard would be a very nasty proposition on a HFF from 30-33.

bullus_hit said:
Is that a hunch or fact?

From a pretty good source of information. If the Saints go and blow up the core group, The pies want Goddard.

If its a club close to Melbourne my bet would be Carlscum.
They are great at cooking the books to avoid the salary cap.
They could put him on the Vizee payroll ala Judd or give him the takings of a dozen or more poker machines.

SCOOP said:
From a pretty good source of information. If the Saints go and blow up the core group, The pies want Goddard.

I can certainly see how Collingwood would appeal to BG, would be an excellent addition to an already strong list.

bullus_hit said:
I can certainly see how Collingwood would appeal to BG, would be an excellent addition to an already strong list.

The rich just keep getting richer

French Tiger said:
The rich just keep getting richer

It pains me to say it but that's the reality, free agency is just one step closer to an EPL style class system. Just another nail in the coffin for the likes of North and the Dogs.

If i was the Saints,Its a bit like the Tippett Crows saga,Id offer Goddard to GWS for Pick #3 and O'meara.
The Saints window is over,Strike while the irons hot.

bullus_hit said:
It pains me to say it but that's the reality, free agency is just one step closer to an EPL style class system. Just another nail in the coffin for the likes of North and the Dogs.

Thats why the urgency from gale,He knows this,,,,and so the FTF.

Would like. But only as a Free Agent. Need to not compromise the youth we can bring in. Will be 29 at least by time we play for a premiership IMO.

Too old to be selling the farm for him. Rather target a superstar in the 24 and under bracket if at all. A Superstar is unlikely.