Goddard | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goddard

chaz

time to take out the trash
Feb 2, 2005
wangaratta
In your voice, Herald Sun the speculation re Goddard was raised again with GWS. Mike Sheehan said that GWS didn't have him in their sights but he heard a club closer to the centre of Melbourne was eyeying him off, could this be the tiges what are your thoughts guys and dolls?

Are we one Goddard away from being locked and loaded ?

Free agency target number 1 which lends me to believe he'll be firmly in our sights, we have the cap space and the youth which will no doubt attract Goddard. He's also still only 26 which would indicate he'll be available for our premiership window.

We have a younger version of Goddard in Deledio. We should worry about signing him first before overpaying for guys who have already played several of their peak years.

we have the salary cap space - it may be Carlton but they dont have the cap space that we do.

we would get 4-5 years out of an elite player - If it was possible I would do it

Juffaricho said:
We have a younger version of Goddard in Deledio. We should worry about signing him first before overpaying for guys who have already played several of their peak years.
Yep , look after our own back yard first. Then go after Goddard!

Juffaricho said:
Getting someone like Goddard might keep Lids at the club

mtench said:
Yep , look after our own back yard first. Then go after Goddard!

I'm sure Brett is the first priority, whether or not we go after BG I can almost guarantee that the 'warchest' will be activated next year.

We should be looking for players who are about to produce what Goddard has over the past ~4 years, not paying top dollar in the hope that he keeps doing it into his twilight years.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
We should be looking for players who are about to produce what Goddard has over the past ~4 years, not paying top dollar in the hope that he keeps doing it.
Over the hill at 26? :eek:

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
We should be looking for players who are about to produce what Goddard has over the past ~4 years, not paying top dollar in the hope that he keeps doing it into his twilight years.

St Kilda are over their salary cap and will need to reduce the cap pressure - we could be in the box seat

tigertime2 said:
St Kilda are over their salary cap and will need to reduce the cap pressure - we could be in the box seat

I wouldn't say no to the right deal, but would be surprised if we were the ones offering Goddard the most coin.