Get around Chocco | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Get around Chocco

From me and my family, to you and your family, we send our best wishes. My partner went through cancer surgery and chemotherapy earlier this year and she is now recovering well. Facilities in this country are exceptional and I know you will fight the good fight.

We wish him all the very best in his recovery.

But with that, it needs to be recognised that once his treatment gets under way, that in itself is going to be a massive challenge.
What supports are in there to get him through it, both as a person and his role as part of the coaching staff.
What plans have been made to take up gaps that may occur?

Phantom said:
We wish him all the very best in his recovery.

But with that, it needs to be recognised that once his treatment gets under way, that in itself is going to be a massive challenge.
What supports are in there to get him through it, both as a person and his role as part of the coaching staff.

Perhaps you can contact the club then you can let us know

Best wishes to Mark 'Choco' Williams from this tiger supporter to him and his family, hoping for the successful negotiation of an unwanted but surmountable predicament.

:fing32

Phantom said:

I can't answer the latter, however his family is very close and he will be well supported from that perspective. He has had football as part of his life from the day dot, so it's understandable that he wants to keep working and from that perspective the club will help. He has 4 or 5 kids ranging from young adults to primary school, so it's them I think of the most.

willo said:
Perhaps you can contact the club then you can let us know

My days of being in contact with the club are long past.

Just sharing my thoughts and raising questions on this forum is enough for me.

Think the point was this is a support Choco thread, there a time and place to focus on other issues

nafe brown said:
That's very good news backbone as he is a very important member of our coaching panel

And for himself and his family too. Far more important than football will ever be.

Very good news.
No doubt everyone at the club is drawing strength from the way Chocco is going about it.
Hope he continues to do well in his recovery as he is a valuable resource no doubt.

Got life membership at Colonwood the other day.
Chocco's a life time elite quality footy person. We're privileged to have him, even though I'm still narky on his comments after Port never wore black armbands when Jack passed away.