Geez, copping a lot of crap off oposition supporters today? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Geez, copping a lot of crap off oposition supporters today?

had a few in my face at work too.. said got out hunted by a more mature team, we will get there one day... and basically shut them up bu not biting back.. one is a Carton fan FFS !!!!

next year, you got to be in finals to win one.. top 4 is the aim. We need to crank up 16+ wins and be ruthless in 2016. trade, delist, draft and train your bloody butts off!!

but the papers said we were everyone's favourites and they wanted us to win :eek:

Yes, I'm copping it from Lions supporters FFS. We're still closer to a premiership than you lot are, I say. But, in reality, I'm not so sure :-[

havent got many north Melbourne supporter friends (go figure), but copped it off one who i dont even think really follows the game properly...probably only knows who boomer Harvey is and thats it.

i said, Mate "were you one of the 10,189 north fans that turned up to the game alongside the 80,000 Tigers fans".....ahh, um. NO.
probably didnt even watch the match...

on a side note- a good mate of mine who i didnt even think follows footy, suddenly is a mad dogs fan and went to the game with his new scarf on Sat night, good luck to him i suppose

I never really get stuck into opposition fans about their own clubs because we are fans, we can't influence what happens on the field. I just find it a bit naff to go around baiting people about something they have no influence over.

The problem is that this doesn't seem to stop others sending it back at me. My reaction is usually something like " you do know that I wasn't actually on the field yesterday don't you ? "

Not too bad this morning. Happy to take it from any team that made the 8 but any supporters whose team failed to make the finals gets a nice curt dimma presser reply

One thing we can be proud of is us supporters, 90k crowd & we were prob 65k of them. We are an army & god help the rest of them if we ever win a flag

DanMinogue said:
Careful SpaceAce...you are starting to sound like Mario from Doncaster, the Tigers resident irritant on SEN! :hihi

Good point my friend. I'm just really down today, love my Tigers and can't stand the ridicule we are copping.

Had a Fitzroy fan give me a bit over Facebook....Fitzroy for goodness sake!

He is a bitter and twisted individual whom won't follow the merged entity and his only pleasure in football is watching other's misery. Oh, and he nominates Richmond as his most despised team.

My come back. There is always next year......for those of us whom have a team that is.

Baloo said:
Not too bad this morning. Happy to take it from any team that made the 8 but any supporters whose team failed to make the finals gets a nice curt dimma presser reply
Who you supporting these days Baloo ? Balestier, Tampines ;D

That's the thing about living overseas that was handy for me when I did it , when you lose there aren't too many locals who care. You can mostly pretend it didn't happen

Sintiger said:
Who you supporting these days Baloo ? Balestier, Tampines ;D

That's the thing about living overseas that was handy for me when I did it , when you lose there aren't too many locals who care. You can mostly pretend it didn't happen

Ang Mo Kio of course :)

Yeah, being our of the country helps though what's odd that most of the ribbing I get is from others who are overseas. There is also a pretty big afl expat community here and the RFC car stickers tend to generate some reaction.

Ian4 said:
even i admit some the memes doing the rounds on social media last night were pretty funny. but as Rosy said, its part and parcel of being a footy fan. any respect we earned from the footy world this year with wins in freo, Sydney and the hawks was wiped out in one fell swoop. infact, I'd go as far to say the 'respect meter' is lower today than it was at the start of the season. its gonna be a long summer of ridicule boys and girls. hope you all have other interests to keep you distracted.

Yep, and it won't even matter if we finish top of the ladder next year - the entire season will be full of snide remarks about us choking in finals anyway.

"Oh Richmond have won 14 of the first 15 matches? Haha they'll still go out in straight sets!!"

And then we'll lose the first final and have to face North/Port/Cats or someone in a Semi. I can see it now.

kevbokev said:
Club is a laughing stock??

Lets see.

Made the finals last three years.

70K+ Members

Own VFL side playing home games at OUR home ground

Great training facilities at OUR own home ground

Great TV ratings

Good sponsors

High crowd attendance at our games

Financially secure, have made profits last 4 yrs, will make a profit this year

Good young list, with plenty of room for development.

Plenty of things to make other supporters pretty jealous.

We were beaten by a better team on the day. That's football.

you don't think that all of this strength makes us even more prone to ridicule? especially losing to what is considered to be a minnow team by many? I read somewhere last week that we're the only club (barring the expansion teams) that hasn't won a final since 2001. crazy stat.

as for our 'good young list, with plenty of room for development,' i'm sorry to say that there will always be question marks over the lot of them until we get the finals monkey off our back. I really fear that yesterday was the straw that broke the camels back and many players are too mentally shot to recover from this. I hope i'm wrong, but its a real fear.

Chimptastic said:
Yep, and it won't even matter if we finish top of the ladder next year - the entire season will be full of snide remarks about us choking in finals anyway.

"Oh Richmond have won 14 of the first 15 matches? Haha they'll still go out in straight sets!!"

And then we'll lose the first final and have to face North/Port/Cats or someone in a Semi. I can see it now.

yep, me too. we could win all 22 games, but the question marks will remain. and rightly so.

I'm on a months holiday ,so don't have to put up with the once a year smart ar!es .
Our day will come ,hopefully it's not against GWS GCS .
Stay strong fellow sufferers TIGERS FOREVER .

Ridley said:
Tell them all to sod off. Especially the Essendon supporters. I'll stand corrected but I don't think they have won a final since 2002. They way they are going they won't play finals for another 10 years.

rosy23 said:
Going by comments on here I reckon plenty Tiger supporters would do the same if the tables were turned. Part of being a football fan really. We give plenty so I suppose we've got to be able to take it. Glad I am home all day today just the same. ;D

Agree Rosy a lot of Tiger supporters give it out to other clubs but comes back to bite them when we lose another final like yesterday, as other poster said we still unfortunately are the laughing stock of the AFL .

tiges said:
Agree Rosy a lot of Tiger supporters give it out to other clubs but comes back to bite them when we lose another final like yesterday, as other poster said we still unfortunately are the laughing stock of the AFL .
Not me, for the very reason I know it would bite me. Which makes it all the more infuriating that they feel the need to chirp. It's like a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Bunnerz said:
havent got many north Melbourne supporter friends (go figure), but copped it off one who i dont even think really follows the game properly...probably only knows who boomer Harvey is and thats it.

i said, Mate "were you one of the 10,189 north fans that turned up to the game alongside the 80,000 Tigers fans".....ahh, um. NO.
probably didnt even watch the match...

on a side note- a good mate of mine who i didnt even think follows footy, suddenly is a mad dogs fan and went to the game with his new scarf on Sat night, good luck to him i suppose

yer my mate is north supporter he's usually pretty good , we went for beers before game yesterday as always do before our games, but he brought another north mate of his who was a complete idiot don't even know the bloke and he was bagging our club as soon as he arrived , said to my mate after an 30 mins sorry can't stand this bloke I'm off to the ground otherwise i may just snot him one. I have north brother in law who is a bandwagon supporter of course only goes when they start winning , doesn't have a membership. W####R

Most Richmond supporters who've been on the journey are unassuming about our prospects. How could you be otherwise? A few of the more vocal younger ones give us a bad name by talking us up, and the accusation is "all Richmond supporters get ahead of themselves".

Still plenty of ill-will out in the footy public after 30+ years. Failing in finals has become a thing now, replacing "Ninthmond", and will remain so until we break through.

No club has a skeleton-free closet, though. 99% of the time there's a cutting retort at hand for those who want to aggravate our misery.