Game Day - TIGERS v ROOS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - TIGERS v ROOS

Asbury may be an outside chance to match up on Brown because he is their high half forward marking link. Has the height to go with him and pace (Brown is not quick but keeps running). Rance to Petrie, Batch to Waite, Grimes to Higgins, Hunt to Harvey, Vlastuin to Nahas, Houli to be forward again ;D

The Mole said:
Asbury may be an outside chance to match up on Brown because he is their high half forward marking link. Has the height to go with him and pace (Brown is not quick but keeps running). Rance to Petrie, Batch to Waite, Grimes to Higgins, Hunt to Harvey, Vlastuin to Nahas, Houli to be forward again ;D

Agree need another defender included.
They have many options forwad.

Exactly Brown is the match up I worry about most. Chaplin if Brown goes deep is a dangerous player with his high leap where he marks the ball at the highest point.

Do we punt on someone like Astbury? But he has been playing forward mostly the last number of games forward.

I think Dimma will trust his back 6/7 in as he has done through this wonderful stretch of games.

What concerns me is that first half with the bombing long allowed Hansen many intercept marks. I think the last time we played at Hobart he did the same? Going by memory.

Can't afford to play that bombing game as we don't have that genuine small crumbling forward ala a Betts etc , unless Shed is that permanent forward along with Lloyd with Deleido and Lennon the high half forward options.

Whoever we play we just have to lower our eyes and look for options than the long kick to Jack or Ty.

May have been mentioned on here before - if so - sorry.

Tell me why the Umps would be dressed in Blue when North are blue/white,
Why not Green?
It looked as though Norf had an extra 7 men.

poppa x said:

Why not Green?
Yep gave me a few heart attacks

CC TIGER said:
Yep gave me a few heart attacks
Me too. At Shithad last night I was often mistaking the umpires for Norf players. The league insist that there are clash jerseys for all teams and they allow this *smile*? WTF??

Some sort of OPSM awareness for something...

Cannot recall what.

Goes to show how much awareness it raised if people didn't know why they were wearing blue.

poppa x said:

Why not Green?

The video review of this week's games will pick it up. I guess they will be summoned straight to the MRP. Expect a 2 week suspension.

On a serious note, Dimma should have raised this in his press conference, just for kicks.

poppa x said:

Why not Green?
Officiated as if they were playing for them, too.

As evo says, manning up their spare is the key to stopping Hansen having any effect on the game. Surely Dimma knows this by now. We could really do with Griffo, but without him, Lloyd and Lennon must start. If Newman survives (of course he will), he should be sub.

Their ruck dominance is what concerns me. Goldy will put it wherever he wants and Cunnington is a very good inside player. We must learn from what the Dogs did against North last week and sandwich Goldy at every stoppage.

spook said:
As evo says, manning up their spare is the key to stopping Hansen having any effect on the game. Surely Dimma knows this by now. We could really do with Griffo, but without him, Lloyd and Lennon must start. If Newman survives (of course he will), he should be sub.

Their ruck dominance is what concerns me. Goldy will put it wherever he wants and Cunnington is a very good inside player. We must learn from what the Dogs did against North last week and sandwich Goldy at every stoppage.

Like it. Like it lots!

spook said:

Last year in Perth, Naitanui had 50 hitouts and Cox/McGovern another 28 but we crushed them at the stoppages after planning around that dominance. Need to do similar here. First hands on the ball is where we'll win the game.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Last year in Perth, Naitanui had 50 hitouts and Cox/McGovern another 28 but we crushed them at the stoppages after planning around that dominance. Need to do similar here. First hands on the ball is where we'll win the game.
Did something similar against Sandilands over there earlier this year.

The Mole said:
Me too. At sh!thad last night I was often mistaking the umpires for Norf players. The league insist that there are clash jerseys for all teams and they allow this sh!t? WTF??

They harp on about integrity and have a team of execs meddling with clash strips week in week out and because they want to promote some cause they come up with the blue umpire gear and no consideration given to team colours. I honestly could not function in an organisation that just changes its stance on every issue to suit its weekly agenda.

AFLCA
10 Deledio
8 Cotchin
3 Ellis, Hansen
2 Miles, Rance
1 Houli, Turner

Season
61 Cotchin (9 games), Martin (10) eq 12th
51 Rance (9) 18th
48 Deledio (7) eq 20th
41 Ellis (10) eq 40th
36 Edwards (6) eq 54th
23 Riewoldt (4) eq 94th
21 Houli (6) eq 102nd
19 Miles (4) eq 112th
18 Grigg (4) eq 119th
13 Vlastuin (4) eq 146th
11 Maric (5) eq 161st
10 McIntosh (2) eq 170th
9 Hunt (2), Vickery (1) eq 182nd
8 Chaplin (1) eq 190th
7 Lambert (2) eq 208th
1 Hampson (1), Lennon (1) eq 306th/332

i cant stand hansen

ever since he outmarked Lids one day at the G quite a few years ago and showed him the ball

Ice said:
i cant stand hansen

ever since he outmarked Lids one day at the G quite a few years ago and showed him the ball

Wasn't that Lachie Henderson? That's the reason I don't like him!

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
AFLCA
10 Deledio
8 Cotchin
3 Ellis, Hansen
2 Miles, Rance
1 Houli, Turner

Season
61 Cotchin (9 games), Martin (10) eq 12th
51 Rance (9) 18th
48 Deledio (7) eq 20th
41 Ellis (10) eq 40th
36 Edwards (6) eq 54th
23 Riewoldt (4) eq 94th
21 Houli (6) eq 102nd
19 Miles (4) eq 112th
18 Grigg (4) eq 119th
13 Vlastuin (4) eq 146th
11 Maric (5) eq 161st
10 McIntosh (2) eq 170th
9 Hunt (2), Vickery (1) eq 182nd
8 Chaplin (1) eq 190th
7 Lambert (2) eq 208th
1 Hampson (1), Lennon (1) eq 306th/332
So we should have 3 in the AA and one the bench if the coaches picked it.