Game day thread - Tiges vs Freo rnd 17 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game day thread - Tiges vs Freo rnd 17

We have 2 of the worse 2 wingers
Campbell is spent
Flappers is finished. Ellis wouldve been better.
Why does yze not protect the corridor and we have a chance to use the corridor we don't.
Sony & Mansell are liabilities.
Our backline is the only saving grace.

Reactions: 2 users
At half time Campbell has 1 more possession that Banks and Banks is the sub yet to come on
Seth has been terrible the last few weeks but for some reason continues getting games. Add Sonsie to that list as well

Reactions: 1 user
That last thirty seconds summed up the whole season. Astonishing.

And yet, we trail by four goals.

It's going to be a long way out if this hole we are in. Hardly any quality youth and most of the senior players have dropped right off.

Don’t blame the kids. That’s easy.

Look at the senior players. Where is Short?

Apart from Nank we have zero leadership out there.

Reactions: 1 users
Seth has been terrible the last few weeks but for some reason continues getting games. Add Sonsie to that list as well
Normally yes you'd drop him but sheesh who else to take the spot? Our small forward cupboard is barer than the bods at the Playboy mansion.

Half time,
Graham Hopper Mansell McIntosh Short and Sonsie 👎

Like the efforts of Balta, Bolton (no midfield time so far) Koschitzke
Miller Taranto and Vlastuin 👍

Last edited:
Don’t blame the kids. That’s easy.

Look at the senior players. Where is Short?

Apart from Nank we have zero leadership out there.
Agree with all of it but Nank doesn't have leadership. He just battles hard. Has zero leadership over this team.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
I don't see the point in giving mcintosh games like year he is a good team man but *smile* me let's get games into someone that has a future in the game

Reactions: 3 users
Just had a shot of our cubs sitting around with Bolton and all having a laugh! And all this after a half of below required work
Infuriates me. Yze needs to start putting it on these blokes. Accepting mediocrity leads to decades of failure. We have seen it before.

I have a pretty good idea why some of our players can't get the ball. It's never kicked to them. Most of the time it's never kicked near them. It's kicked up in the air. It's kicked to contests we can't win. It's kicked to Freo. It's sprayed willy nilly. We are making this game look very difficult.

fmd, our talent is so poor
Thing is we don’t have talent. Our so called young talent (most have been in the system now for 3/4 years), were hand picked to move the ball forward in any way possible.

Problem is, and it’s been discussed often here, that sort of football ceased to exist post 2020.

Our sausages were not cooked Hardwick; they were burnt. As uneditable as watching your preferred very ordinary selections flounder through each game.

It’s not their fault. They didn’t select themselves to play for the RFC. They will not improve no matter how many excuses are made for them.

I only hope that the fools at the club who failed to read where the direction of the game was going and who with Hardwick’s insistence, picked this bunch of average footballers, are not the same people who are pulling the levers for the next selection period 🙏🏻

These small forwards could push up the ground and provide support but they are doing nothing defensively inside 50 or outside 50. Just witches hats.

Fyfe was htb with 5 seconds left as well.
This would be the perfect game to show the afl or umpiring department how hopeless and incompetent the umpiring is.
Maybe we will get a couple "even uppers" in the second half.