Game Day- Round 1 , 2016 - Richmond V Carlton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day- Round 1 , 2016 - Richmond V Carlton

TigerForce said:
Usual one is 'same old Richmond'......abd don't leave Griffo out as he could be due for some online whacking tonight.

Ah, thanks. Whipping Boy Lotto is another game we can play

Candidates for Whipping Boy of the Year are:

Big Ben
Conca
Hampson
Grigg
BEllis
Chaplain
Morris
Edwards
Batchelor
Houli
Yarran
Chimp

Note: Whipping Boys must play at least 12 games this season to be eligible for WBotY

Baloo said:
Ah, thanks. Whipping Boy Lotto is another game we can play

Candidates for Whipping Boy of the Year are:

Big Ben
Conca
Hampson
Grigg
BEllis
Chaplain
Morris
Edwards
Batchelor
Houli
Yarran
Chimp
Note: Whipping Boys must play at least 12 games this season to be eligible for WBotY

Who would've thought?..... :hihi

Im excited as usual.
but no nervous at all,
Richmond by 38, after peing up by 60 at three quarter time.

Ian4 said:
its good that the tigers are back, but I wouldn't say i'm massively excited per se. one thing I do find funny is how our squad for tonight is younger that Carlton... some sections of the media are saying that isn't a good thing for us, but I would say that this is a bad thing for them.

I didn't know that and I am quite surprised. It's not a good sign for the blues - I had us for a 5 goal win but after seeing the teams I am more bullish - make it a 7 or 8 goal win to the tigers.

We might now have some depth - couple of players unlucky not to make it - Moore / Hunt (over Morris) Chaplin etc plus the 4 injuries to key players.

Bit nervous about this one now, having seen the teams.

Carlton av age 25.56
Richmond av age 24.40

Given 25.56 was also the average age of Carlton's team in 54 matches under Malthouse, this is nobody's idea of a rebuild. They've picked a team to win. Bolton's pulling a Wallace 2005.

In the last five years, teams under 24.5 giving away 1+ years' experience per player to the opposition have won only 19% of their matches. I still think we can win this one, but we'll be flat out doing it.

For the pessimistic among you, I'd suggest the $4.75 about Carlton is not a bad bet at all.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Bit nervous about this one now, having seen the teams.

Carlton av age 25.56
Richmond av age 24.40

Given 25.56 was also the average age of Carlton's team in 54 matches under Malthouse, this is nobody's idea of a rebuild. They've picked a team to win. Bolton's pulling a Wallace 2005.

In the last five years, teams under 24.5 giving away 1+ years' experience per player to the opposition have won only 19% of their matches. I still think we can win this one, but we'll be flat out doing it.

For the pessimistic among you, I'd suggest the $4.75 about Carlton is not a bad bet at all.

Does Carlton have a higher average games played as well?

Ready to rock The G Left work early head off have a couple of cold ones then head over to Punt Road

LTRTR thanks for those stats.

You just made me more nervous than I needed to be which isn't hard !

Tigers just in a scrappy game and error riddled! After this game the AFL will take this game away from us as the season opener!!!

Yep, nervous. And I know LTRTRs formula regarding Dimmas record with younger sides :(

Looking at our side, we have so many unproven players:

Astbury, Griffiths, Cellis, McIntosh, Lambert, Lloyd, Hampson, Townsend, Morris, Menadue, Rioli

Don't understand the supreme confidence coming from some posters, but good on them! Wish I had that mindset.

as brilliant as LTRTR is with the stats, you can't read anything into the age difference in this instance. just compare the lineups on paper and we win easily. as I said, the age difference is a criticism of Carlton and where they're at, not us

T-Shirt Tommy said:
Yep, nervous. And I know LTRTRs formula regarding Dimmas record with younger sides :(

Looking at our side, we have so many unproven players:

Astbury, Griffiths, Cellis, McIntosh, Lambert, Lloyd, Hampson, Townsend, Morris, Menadue, Rioli

Don't understand the supreme confidence coming from some posters, but good on them! Wish I had that mindset.

Yes. I'm feeling the same and several of ours look underdone with little time in NAB: Griff, Lloyd, Morris, CEllis etc.

Why on earth are we going in with a younger team than them? Really prefer Hunt in for Morris, and Moore for Rioli. Why play Lloyd and Rioli too?

This is a must-win for us; not one for us to take any risks with.

I thought I heard David King reporting on the radio that Shane Edwards is out.

Anyone else confirm?

60min before heading in on the train. Excited, nervous, lots of anticipation, huge expectation.

Do us proud tigers. No matter what 22 run out there.

GO TIGERS

We've got this one. The Blues simply won't be able to kick a score. Halfway through the second quarter we will start to pick the Blues apart. By three quarter time the game will be done and dusted. Big percentage boost. GO TIGERS!!!

SEN saying they are hearing Vuckery OUT

Chaplin IN

Just put $50 on the Blues

Gee

SEN now saying all 3 emergencies at the reserves game at Punt Rd are playing??

Anyone there can verify this?