Game day Mighty Tiges V da Dees | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game day Mighty Tiges V da Dees

Jayden Hunt coming out with 'system' and 'Melbourne way'.......same words as ours.

Choco, Richo and Chaplin, along with Greg Stafford all at Melbourne. Richmond sells too much.
All clubs speak like this though.

Reactions: 1 user
All clubs speak like this though.
Yes, with Richmond-speak because we have been the AFL trend-setting team with 3 (should have been 4) flags over 2017-2020. Plus other clubs have ripped off our depth, 2nd tier players being able to offer higher money. Our game has permeated throughout the comp now, which has made it so much harder to succeed, especially with clubs like Dees and Aints being able to draft and recruit higher quality players, often with strong skills.

Reactions: 2 users
I think that we would have beaten most teams last night, but Melbourne are running hot atm & would have beaten anyone else on last nights performance.
It's nice to read the optimism - all is not as bad as it seems posts - by many, but seem to be forgetting that we gave up ~4 goal leads to the likes of Bloos and Aints, who went on a 10 goal run!! What was Bloos - 5/6 goal run? And we lost to the Crows because we couldn't stop Tex from kicking 5!

I cannot easily forget these poor efforts when I consider where we are at, along with lots of negative data to include. We lose on many criteria now such as disposal counts (per usual) but especially contested/ i50s/DE% etc.

There may have been some better signs last night, but how many games have we won out the last 20 or so again?

In 2020-2021 Bolton announced himself more so in the midfield, I know he is a freak around goals but he needs to be played as a permanent mid.
We are missing that breakaway speed from contests and he is slippery "hard to tackle" He also has sublime skills and is a booming kick.

Stack to play that classy forward role who can rotate through the midfield and Shai to play more in the midfield.

So, why the f*ck did the umpire call play on - clearly an absolute howler of a decision. Do other players get called to play on in that circumstance? No.
Because the umpire didn't see it as a legitimate shot for goal, I assume

• Angry
We ask for the feel of the game from the umpires, mostly they get it right but I think the game this year is ( the most confused) as a supporter I’ve been.

It’s not about the Tigers.

It’s the game.

Why not, they allow heaps of player to kick for goal from 55. Inexcusable.

Plus, why did he warn Gawn who went into the protected area rather than just pay the 50, which they do all the time?

Woeful umpiring, the umpire should not get a game for at least a month, they cannot keep rewarding incompetence on the umpires will continue to be rubbish.

DS

Melbourne has the best midfield in the competition.
When players of the calibre and quality of Langdon and Oliver amass a combined 70 disposals, they are going to win.
Our midfield is the central problem.
Like Dimma says, a lack of applied pressure in the midfield.
The inside 50 to goal ratio was about spot on.
The ratio is about 25 per cent of inside 50s result in goals.
They had 20 more inside 50s.

Axing Houli has proved to be an error.

I see your point but I'm not so sure. Houli lost a bit of toe last year and we needed to blood the Prince alongside Shorty.

As well as fit the Gibcus in.

Backline is a work in progress but it is the most functional of our spheres.

Reactions: 5 users
I look at other small forwards, Ginnivan's 5 goals today, Higgins has been kicking multiple goals, and then I think of Castagna how many bags of goals has he kicked?
In 2022 he has kicked 5 goals in 6 games. Some may say he is putting on pressure but not always I say, last night, he did but geez as well as the midfield we need to make some minor changes to our small forward set-up.

We have some good young forward talent waiting in the wings who all possess skill and an uncanny goal sense. Cumberland, Stack, Clarke and Maurice Junior

Reactions: 9 users
Plus, why did he warn Gawn who went into the protected area rather than just pay the 50, which they do all the time?
This.
Either give a warning to everyone or pay the 50 every time
They shouldn’t pick and choose with their favourites
I want to hear Scott defend this

Reactions: 1 users
Jayden Hunt coming out with 'system' and 'Melbourne way'.......same words as ours.

Choco, Richo and Chaplin, along with Greg Stafford all at Melbourne. Richmond sells too much.
Conca the runner last night?

This.
Either give a warning to everyone or pay the 50 every time
They shouldn’t pick and choose with their favourites
I want to hear Scott defend this
You won’t. It happened to Richmond, so that’s ok, can be quickly forgotten about. However if the shoe was in the other foot, Scott would be preparing a press release and banning the umpire to the middle of nowhere for a good long spell.

• Angry
I look at other small forwards, Ginnivan's 5 goals today, Higgins has been kicking multiple goals, and then I think of Castagna how many bags of goals has he kicked?
In 2022 he has kicked 5 goals in 6 games. Some may say he is putting on pressure but not always I say, last night, he did but geez as well as the midfield we need to make some minor changes to our small forward set-up.

We have some good young forward talent waiting in the wings who all possess skill and an uncanny goal sense. Cumberland, Stack, Clarke and Maurice Junior

Yes - the best way a small forward can put pressure on the opposition is to kick goals and more the better - George seems to be treading water at the moment - has only kicked 5 goals in 5 games - reckon it’s time for him to have a rest, need more from a 125 gamer. When was the last time he got us over the line.

Great reality check. We are 10 goals behind the best team. We need to improve fitness, run and spread, pace, strength, clearance s, forward pressure and delivery into the forward line, Easy to sort out over the next 16 matches with infusion of Dusty, Lambert, Grimes, Hugo and 1 or 2 exciting kids.

And, therein lies the problem.

Gawn was lurking, close to Balta, even the umpire had told him to get further away.

Balta was lining up for goal, the 30 second shot clock had not counted down to zero, he was going back to take a shot and it is well known he can kick a long way, he did not deviate off his line, he was not turning sideways for a round the corner kick.

So, why the f*ck did the umpire call play on - clearly an absolute howler of a decision. Do other players get called to play on in that circumstance? No.
I am constantly asking “why was that play on”. But not while they are lining up for goals.

I am constantly asking “why was that play on”. But not while they are lining up for goals.

The play on calls are random, one player gets 5 seconds, another gets half an hour. It is a joke.

But the Balta one was really one out of the box, I struggle to think of another example where a player in range lining up for goal has been called to play on with an opponent very close by.

DS

Reactions: 3 users