Freo Crowd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Freo Crowd

22nd Man said:
No it doesn't GT. At time of writing the only incidents I was aware of were what was on the Ch 7 broadcast in game. Saw and heard no other media until I got onto this thread at 12.30 am. Till then then the only discussion was about the fans on the fence ver balling the Hawks as they came close. Who knows what they said I'm guessing it wasn't wishing them good fortune but let's not overplay it, there was no contact. it's only a month ago we were calling the pies freaks for their toothless tattooed ferals behind the goals. I never assume I am the on the high moral ground.

one of them fronted to hit the hawk, the other pushed him with his inflatable whatever.
both dickheads. both should have been booted and i think at least one was.

What do people expect? Booze
20 degrees beautiful night, they go to the game and drink till they can't stand.
If the afl is fair dickum. No drinking while watching the games only during breaks.
Or banned it all together

23.21.159 said:
Clearly you don't know some of the Hawthorn supporters I do!
Yep, success breeds arrogance and boy are they arrogant.

antman said:
Yes you can. You identify who they are, you talk to them, you ban them, their name goes on a list at the the ground. If they do manage to sneak in generally someone will dob them in. Fans are banned from Euro soccer games all the time.
They still can just walk in, last time I looked they did not check ID's as you walked into the ground.

Ridley said:
The crowds at Subiaco have always been a disgrace.

They ain't "Robinson Crusoe" in that. I have seen people punching the *smile* out of each other walking back to Richmond station after a game at the 'G - and they were two groups of feral Richmond supporters.

Pot-Kettle-Black.

David C said:
They ain't "Robinson Crusoe" in that. I have seen people punching the sh!t out of each other walking back to Richmond station after a game at the 'G - and they were two groups of feral Richmond supporters.

Pot-Kettle-Black.

No doubt all clubs have a ratbag element. But is a hell of a lot worse at Subiaco and also in Adelaide. I've been going to the footy in Melbourne for over 40 years and for the last 10 years have regularly taken kids. Can't say that I have ever been anywhere near such a threatening situation as what was displayed ot Subiaco on Friday night.

Have you ever seen a Richmond supporter punch a woman in the face at a game? When all she was trying to do was get him to calm down as he was scaring her kids?

Spare me the sanctimonious dribble.

Tigermad2005 said:
They still can just walk in, last time I looked they did not check ID's as you walked into the ground.

Checks done via CCTV scanning the crowd and facial recognition software.

Like most of us have seen many incidents in the crowd and generally I reckon it's caused by the loud mouth idiot rubbing it into people. I've sat amongst plenty of feral supporter groups over the years and copped plenty of humorous abuse and enjoyed most occasions win lose or draw....but some people are just simply knobs no matter the situation , place or time or team they support.

ive sat with the cheer squad a few times over the years an thou rediculously one eyed , there a bloody good bunch of young an old and conduct themselves brilliantly, unlike many other cheer squads .

Ridley said:
Have you ever seen a Richmond supporter punch a woman in the face at a game? When all she was trying to do was get him to calm down as he was scaring her kids?

Spare me the sanctimonious dribble.

Actually, I probably have, unfortunately. I have also been attending matches for many, many decades and my point is that it isn't just the Freo crowd.

These days with saturation technology recording everything that goes on in a venue there is a tendency to somehow believe that things are at a worse level than they may have been previously, but the reality is that incidents occurring now similar to ones that have been happening previously are just more visible.

I would contend that these incidents are far, far less common than they were previously, but simply more visible which is now a good thing because the offenders have a far greater chance of being brought to justice and the publicity over them helps prevent future occurrences. Just don't fool yourself into believing that they are something new or unique to one club.

At 3/4 time

During the 3/4 time break at the EF, I went to buy some chips for Tiger Grandson. As I was walking to the food stand there was an inebriated North supporter yelling as loud as he could "Richmond are all a bunch of softc..ks". Everybody including North supporters just turned their back on him. All it needed was for a slightly annoyed Tiger supporter to have a go back at him and a fight would have been on. That guy was just looking for fight. As posted previously, all clubs have there share of ferals.

David C said:
Actually, I probably have, unfortunately. I have also been attending matches for many, many decades and my point is that it isn't just the Freo crowd.

These days with saturation technology recording everything that goes on in a venue there is a tendency to somehow believe that things are at a worse level than they may have been previously, but the reality is that incidents occurring now similar to ones that have been happening previously are just more visible.

I would contend that these incidents are far, far less common than they were previously, but simply more visible which is now a good thing because the offenders have a far greater chance of being brought to justice and the publicity over them helps prevent future occurrences. Just don't fool yourself into believing that they are something new or unique to one club.

I would contend that if you'd seen someone punch a woman in the face, like what was witnessed the other night, then you'd remember it. There'd be no probably about it. Just about as despicable an act that you could get. Not too mention the fact that he threatened to do the same thing to her kids. Quality individual ::)

I don't disagree regarding the extra coverage and exposure these days. I've been around longer than I care to admit and I certainly understand that this is not isolated to Freo or Subiaco at all. But I don't think anyone can argue that the moron, feral and imbecile factor is more pronounced at Subiaco, and Adelaide, for that matter than anywhere else. The WA and SA crowds have an irrational hatred (inferiority complex?) of Victorian supporters and the vitriol is unabated. The issue is exacerbated by the small grounds. Subiaco only holds 40,000 odd and your lucky to get a couple of thousand opposition supporters there. The MCG is so much bigger so more opposition supporters can get access; the ratio of home versus away supporters is not the same.

You only have to witness the level of vitriol against Adam Goodes when the Swans played West Coast a few weeks back. That issue was all but forgotten until those morons started booing him for no real reason other than they just could. *smile* imbeciles. The level of vitriol was far worse at the game than any other that Goodes played in this year.

And Lewis Jetta wants to go back to Perth and play for one of those clubs?? After the way he reacted I can't believe he'd even consider it.