Formula One | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Formula One

What an amazing race ! That is some of the best driving you'll ever see. Piastri is such a talent. Wow.

And my boys at Williams have a great race too finishing 7th and 8th.

Win win win !!!!

Reactions: 1 users
As Oscar lifted the trophy on the podium someone yelled out go Tigers :banana

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
What a cracking race. Brilliant drive by Piastri, he is one cool cat. Fantastic battle with LeClerc. Shame about the Perez/Sainz bingle, was just thinking about how long it had been since we'd seen a safety car. Looked to be Sainz's fault?

Commentators tend to barrack for Norris a little, felt they were almost willing LeClerc to get past Oscar. They said before the race that Maclaren had decided to give precedence to Norris in his attempt to win the championship, but Piastri is going better than anyone and is closer to Norris than Norris is to Verstappen (who is going backwards).

Great circuit there at AzzaBazza. That castle sector. Phwoar.

Reactions: 4 users
And my boys at Williams have a great race too finishing 7th and 8th.
Geez, they were fairly rubbish early on in the season, good to see them have a competitive result. Must be from all those extra sponsorship dollars Komatsu have thrown in instead of giving me a pay rise.

What a cracking race. Brilliant drive by Piastri, he is one cool cat. Fantastic battle with LeClerc. Shame about the Perez/Sainz bingle, was just thinking about how long it had been since we'd seen a safety car. Looked to be Sainz's fault?

Commentators tend to barrack for Norris a little, felt they were almost willing LeClerc to get past Oscar. They said before the race that Maclaren had decided to give precedence to Norris in his attempt to win the championship, but Piastri is going better than anyone and is closer to Norris than Norris is to Verstappen (who is going backwards).

Great circuit there at AzzaBazza. That castle sector. Phwoar.
Best race I've seen in the last 4 or 5 years. Piastrimond's driving was off the charts. For all intents and purposes the Ferrari's were the quicker cars on that track but he held them off.

That defensive driving going into turn 1 over the last 10 laps because of DRS and carrying 22 kph less down the straight was the stuff of legend.

And the "Go Tigers" at the end was epic.

Some of those commentators *smile* me.

Reactions: 3 users
As Oscar lifted the trophy on the podium someone yelled out go Tigers :banana
In Baku? Azerbaijan? Sensational :LOL:

Incredible drive by Piastri; he came from a long way back to make that passing move and then denied Leclerc the same oppportunity.

That was a fantastic race. There wasn't even a second between the top 2 for 30 laps and only about 2 seconds between the top 3. Great stuff.

Reactions: 2 users
Best race I've seen in the last 4 or 5 years. Piastrimond's driving was off the charts. For all intents and purposes the Ferrari's were the quicker cars on that track but he held them off.

That defensive driving going into turn 1 over the last 10 laps because of DRS and carrying 22 kph less down the straight was the stuff of legend.

And the "Go Tigers" at the end was epic.

Some of those commentators *smile* me.
It's a brilliant season. Arguably four drivers still in contention for the championship. Three teams neck and neck for the constructors'. Some great stories further down the grid. Super enjoyable.

Reactions: 1 users
It's a brilliant season. Arguably four drivers still in contention for the championship. Three teams neck and neck for the constructors'. Some great stories further down the grid. Super enjoyable.
Suck *smile* Sookstappen. Cant stand him. (His girlfriend is ok though. Nelson Piquet's daughter).

Reactions: 2 users
Suck *smile* Sookstappen. Cant stand him. (His girlfriend is ok though. Nelson Piquet's daughter).
Biggest whiner in world sport. So glad to see him struggling. Hopefully someone can knock him off for the driver's championship.

In Baku? Azerbaijan? Sensational :LOL:

Incredible drive by Piastri; he came from a long way back to make that passing move and then denied Leclerc the same oppportunity.

That was a fantastic race. There wasn't even a second between the top 2 for 30 laps and only about 2 seconds between the top 3. Great stuff.
Yes, it was fantastic to see a genuine race, where it was uncertain who was going to win. Would Leclerc be able to pass or could Piastri hold him out. A lot of credit to both Piastri and Leclerc for their driving skills.
It was a nice change not having to watch a boring race, where you know the result from the get go or the first pit change.

Reactions: 1 user
Yep, **** him, not that I like Norris, but it was good to see him overtake Sookstappen just before the race finished under the virtual safety car.

Reactions: 1 user
What was Fangio like as a driver ? Way way before my time, but you'd have seen a bit of him back in your day.
Not sure; way too old for me. But didn't he race against Jack Brabham? You went to school with Jack didn't you?