Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

I know there is another thread for this article about Robert Muir this morning:

The persecution of Robert Muir is the story football doesn't want to hear

But:

There's been a GoFundMe set up which at time of posting has raised $12k.

Besides from the great article itself, isn't it ridiculous the amount of difference that proper sports journalism can make?

Imagine if we had more of this instead of gutter snipes from Kane Cornes or Tom Browne, Damien Barrett/anyone from Fox/News Corp pushing sensationalism for clicks? Of course it won't happen – unless the money raised is going to them.

Reactions: 8 users
Angry Charlie Dixon elbows to the head - Love his aggression, he plays so much better on the edge
Angry Tom Lynch - Why does he play with so much aggression, what a goose

Do the media even hear themselves???
its when you hear this sort of stuff that the words 'media vendetta' rears its head.
i don't give a toss about what these morons say, i can't watch them, but the hypocrisy is baffling.

I'm glad I have never really watched footy shows. They sound like a complete waste of time.

Highlighting the Lynch non-incident and excusing the Dixon elbow to the face is just farcical.

DS

Reactions: 2 users
The media is on a witch hunt on us big-time with Lynch etc beyond a joke honestly club should call a media ban screw them.Same thing happened last year when Barrett went on the agenda we cannot receive a first round pick for Ellis and afl caved.

Reactions: 1 users
The media is on a witch hunt on us big-time with Lynch etc beyond a joke honestly club should call a media ban screw them.Same thing happened last year when Barrett went on the agenda we cannot receive a first round pick for Ellis and afl caved.

Barrett was just a mouthpiece for SHocking and Shifty. He was leading that campaign at their instruction

Reactions: 3 users
Jon Ralpth coming up on Fox with the latest news. Not sure i should watch for fear of breaking another TV

• Angry
Would a media ban be the right thing?

Or would we be seen as ‘whiners?

Wish Balme was at the hub to say how it is and take the heat for a time being.

Shut shop?

Don’t get sucked into giving this any oxygen?

You wonder how Dimma may respond Thursday after what will come the clubs way Monday onwards ....Radio stations, more talkback, AFLs response etc.

Reactions: 1 user
interesting the commentary about Vlastuin noone has asked why Bellchambers' hand was anywhere near Vlastuin head/shoulders.

Reactions: 6 users
interesting the commentary about Vlastuin noone has asked why Bellchambers' hand was anywhere near Vlastuin head/shoulders.

I'm not even sure why its anything at all. Seemed that his fist may have hit the shoulder first but seemed to slip higher. So Vlastuin was hit in the head (albeit off the shoulder) so how was it making more of the contact.

I can't believe Ralph has just said on Fox that the MRO have come down hard on people who accentuate contact after the point of contact. Clearly haven't heard of Boyd Woodcock then have they.

His a glass half empty type Tiger fella isn’t he
*smile* me to tears because he has zero footy nouse.

Too right. Most times that is the theme of those free kicks - "a bit soft but shouldn't have had his hand there anyway". But not tigers. And ive seen little commentary that Hurley was not even looking at the ball (I think Cornes was the only one to mention it)

Bellchambers doesn’t play for Richmond so not worth commenting on apparently.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not even sure why its anything at all. Seemed that his fist may have hit the shoulder first but seemed to slip higher. So Vlastuin was hit in the head (albeit off the shoulder) so how was it making more of the contact.

I can't believe Ralph has just said on Fox that the MRO have come down hard on people who accentuate contact after the point of contact. Clearly haven't heard of Boyd Woodcock then have they.

There was also one last week by Rankine, can't remember the quarter but think they were kicking to left of the screen. Went down holding his head after he was apparantly "hit" after the mark was taken, free kick not paid, gets up smirking. The commentator says something like "good try by Rankine but couldn't suck the umpire in".

So when exactly are the MRO clamping down on staging. Seems its only when you wear yellow and black.

I used to enjoy reading the game reports & listening to a proper analisys of games on radio & tv. Now I just don't bother because it is all such contrived rubbish. Footy is rapidly losing me because of these hopeless media ions.
The AFL needs to do something about it or they'll lose far more people like me.

I mean now we're having players getting death threats & their families being vilified.
The media really leading the frenzy.

Come on Gil show some leadership, but he won't.

• Angry
I know there is another thread for this article about Robert Muir this morning:

The persecution of Robert Muir is the story football doesn't want to hear

But:

There's been a GoFundMe set up which at time of posting has raised $12k.

Besides from the great article itself, isn't it ridiculous the amount of difference that proper sports journalism can make?

Imagine if we had more of this instead of gutter snipes from Kane Cornes or Tom Browne, Damien Barrett/anyone from Fox/News Corp pushing sensationalism for clicks? Of course it won't happen – unless the money raised is going to them.
What a sad but remarkable article that is. It’s long but well worth the read. Thanks for posting it.

Reactions: 1 users
There's only one way to stop it.

Stop clicking.

Stop listening.

Stop watching.

Enjoy the footy & make up your own minds.

No wonder everyone's missing live footy. We don't need to listen to the peanuts.

Reactions: 14 users