Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

With player commitments being made, the entitled club will be panicking. Quick, you haven't got time, Sheedy as coach with Hird senior assistant :banana :rotfl1 :rotfl2

According to Channel 7 they have approached Andrew Welsh to be Footy Director.
If he accepts the footy director's job, we can expect players getting cheap property investments.

Reactions: 1 users
Lol Leon Cameron not interested in the Essendon job.

Getting embarrassing now.

What experienced coach is left? That statement is killing them.

Rabble.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Lol Leon Cameron not interested in the Essendon job.

Getting embarrassing now.

What experienced coach is left? That statement is killing them.

Rabble.
If Yze rejects too, this will become hysterics.

Reactions: 1 user
Yze has got real close to the crows and giants job, if he gets the offer, he will take it I reckon.
Yep. He's better than most think. These morons need to wake up and deflate their ego.

Reactions: 1 users
According to Seven Brad Scott is interested. Mind you these are same characters that said Dusty was going, so this is probably next fairy tale.
Yet the other day they were reporting that Ross Lyon and Brad Scott were not interested. :ROFLMAO:

According to Seven Brad Scott is interested. Mind you these are same characters that said Dusty was going, so this is probably next fairy tale.
Yet the other day they were reporting that Ross Lyon and Brad Scott were not interested. :ROFLMAO:
Probably realises he is going to get sacked once his bum chum Gilligan departs

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Leon Cameron, has knocked back going through the "process" with the entitled ones. I'm getting a lot of joy out of prospective coaches avoiding the joint like the plague.

Reactions: 2 users
I wonder if the powerbrokers at the druggies are getting the message about the stench emanating from the club and the way it’s run yet?

I doubt it

Reactions: 4 users
He's not up for taking over a rebuild with a team of kids.

To be fair to him, he is not that sort of coach, and he is smart enough to know it. He is a Jose Mourinho type. A now type coach.

His strength as a coach is about getting immediate performance. He will squeeze everything he can out of whatever list he is given, and then some. But it is all about performing now, not in the future.

That sounds like I am not rating him as a coach. I actually rate him very highly. He has taken a number of teams very close to flags with lists that weren't really at that level. Freo really should have won that flag against Hawthorn, but they were not close in terms of list quality. That is the impact Lyon has. It is the reason Freo went for him, and it very nearly worked.

So it seems to me his response to going through a selection process is quite rational. You know what you are going to get, so work out what you want beforehand. If Ross is what you want, give him the job. If he isn't, don't waste his time.

I think of all the coaches available, he is the one I would take at the Bombers, although it now appears that will not happen.

They need to see results now to heal some serious internal wounds. They have stuffed things up so badly, but quite frankly, there seems little point bringing in a rebuild type coach while they have the list management structure they currently have in place.

I believe Ross could win a final with the Essendon list in the next two years.

How funny is it that they made a big deal out of recruiting an experienced coach, then those experienced coaches all turn them down and they now turn to a guy who has never been a head coach (albeit that they will spin it as being a very experienced assistant coach) in Adam Yze.

We all know thats not what they meant when they said they wanted an experienced coach.

Please footy gods.... Please get Brad Scott the Essendon gig.

One less Richmond hater at HQ, and another decade of misery for the Bummers.

Win. Win.

Reactions: 16 users
To be fair to him, he is not that sort of coach, and he is smart enough to know it. He is a Jose Mourinho type. A now type coach.

His strength as a coach is about getting immediate performance. He will squeeze everything he can out of whatever list he is given, and then some. But it is all about performing now, not in the future.

That sounds like I am not rating him as a coach. I actually rate him very highly. He has taken a number of teams very close to flags with lists that weren't really at that level. Freo really should have won that flag against Hawthorn, but they were not close in terms of list quality. That is the impact Lyon has. It is the reason Freo went for him, and it very nearly worked.

So it seems to me his response to going through a selection process is quite rational. You know what you are going to get, so work out what you want beforehand. If Ross is what you want, give him the job. If he isn't, don't waste his time.

I think of all the coaches available, he is the one I would take at the Bombers, although it now appears that will not happen.

They need to see results now to heal some serious internal wounds. They have stuffed things up so badly, but quite frankly, there seems little point bringing in a rebuild type coach while they have the list management structure they currently have in place.

I believe Ross could win a final with the Essendon list in the next two years.
I rate Lyon too, but he was always very unlikely to coach the Bombers with Mark Harvey being there. Harvey would be still bitter at how he lost the Dockers coaching job to Lyon.
Harvey would have to be gone before Lyon would consider coaching the Bombers, Harvey's as thick as thieves with Sheedy too, so he wasn't going anywhere.
Long may the Bombers cronyism continue.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users