Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

Was texting with a bummer supporter mate this morning and he was complaining about the free kick against Gresham. Blatant free I would have thought

Anyway like of lot of them he said it is probably better this way rather than losing a final !!

Reactions: 1 users
Was texting with a bummer supporter mate this morning and he was complaining about the free kick against Gresham. Blatant free I would have thought

Anyway like of lot of them he said it is probably better this way rather than losing a final !!
Yep. Two hand shove square in the middle of the back.

The same gesture the umpire makes to award a free.

Truly delusional if you think that wasn’t a free. He needed to just hold his position with his forearm or body him for the walk in goal.

Just makes it sweeter.

Reactions: 2 users
Well we can add another 380 odd days to that record no finals winning streak for the bummers. :rotfl2

And I actually think having their season killed off by an after the siren kick by a team that has never won away this year is just gold and no light at the end of the tunnel either.

And, and, they are living up to their name in finding new ways to bomb out of the season………:rotfl2:rotfl2

Reactions: 11 users

Truly delusional if you think that wasn’t a free. He needed to just hold his position with his forearm or body him for the walk in goal.

Just makes it sweeter.
Free kicks last night were in Essendon's favour 19 to 11.

Sounds about right for Essendon supporters to see GC only awarded 11 free kicks in a game, and still think it should be fewer.

Only Essendon fans and the media thought they'd make finals this year and only because of their *smile* easy start to the year.

With 2 rounds to go.
Vs Top 8 - 7 games (joint lowest in the AFL with WCE) - 3 wins, 4 losses - win rate 42.86% (9th), % (13th)
Vs Bottom 8 - 13 games (highest in the AFL, only 6 teams have double figures) - 7 wins, 5 losses, 1 draw - 57.69% win rate (14th), % (15th)
Vs 9th and 10th - 1 game, 1 win

Their lopsided draw has clearly had the biggest impact, but they've still butchered it. win rate of 14th and 15th for % against the bottom 8 is shithouse.

They just aren't very good. They have the 4th worst scores against but were talking up Mackay (on $1.5m this year) as if he was the greatest key back ever earlier in the year.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Just makes it sweeter.
I yelled at the TV "push in the back ffs".
My wife said "I thought Richmond was playing tomorrow"
"They are"
"Then why are you yelling?"
"Because I don't want Essendon to get that goal"
"....oh....."

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
What shambolic list management they have been for so so so long now , I believe around 7000 days is the word 😁 Recruitment of the highest of high over rated players , plodders they believe are superb A grade talent . There’s less C grade talent in Koo wee rups C Grade team

What a perfect coach to fit into their arrogant way of believing their way is the right way and only way and will not change in anyway.

The sooner we build a statue of Dudoro at Punt rd the better

Carry on as you were

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Just makes it sweeter.
Yeah, I can’t believe it’s a talking point that it WASNT a free kick!

Reactions: 1 user
For a club that vigorously pled it's innocence, it has played the last decade like a club that knows it's guilt.

long may they dwell in purgatory.

• Haha

Bliss - and I never knew till this morning - and even when I heard the news I couldn’t understand how or why ….
As soon as I saw Gresham running round the boundary high-fiving the fans - I switched off

For a club that vigorously pled it's innocence, it has played the last decade like a club that knows it's guilt.

long may they dwell in purgatory.
and yet the deluded pilgrims still want to see the Great Evil Lord Kingpin Jimmy as coach.

I don’t know what I’d enjoy more.
Druggies just hovering outside the 8 with 2 games to go and their supporters having that glimmer of hope of making the finals, only for it to be snatched away in those 2 rounds.
Or……
Them scraping into the 8 with their supporters having that glimmer of hope of actually finally winning a final, only for them to crash and realising that you don’t play easy games against bottom 10 teams in the finals
🤔
Such a dilemma for me to ponder :))

• Haha
Druggies just hovering outside the 8 with 2 games to go and their supporters having that glimmer of hope of making the finals, only for it to be snatched away in those 2 rounds.
Or……
Them scraping into the 8 with their supporters having that glimmer of hope of actually finally winning a final, only for them to crash and realising that you don’t play easy games against bottom 10 teams in the finals
🤔
Don’t take the risk. *smile* can happen and the other team kicks 6.23 to bombers 10 straight.

Pity that they only pay that type of push in the back about one out of every ten times it happens, which then obviously leads to outrage n confusion.

Reactions: 1 user
Or……
🤔
Quandaries, dilemmas and conniptions. I’ll take one of each thanks

• Haha