Drafts 2015 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Drafts 2015

turk-d-tiger said:
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/players/senior-players
only had 35 players on it - Missing #15 Moore

That explains it

Thinking is still the same though. Only need to draft 2 (unless someone we like drops to our 3rd pick) and then we'll just pick up a lot of rookies. No problem with that strategy.

I don't understand.

Do we have pick 12 or pick 15?

Everyone is saying pick 12 but lots of fantasy drafts have us taking pick 15.

How does it work that we have pick 12 but we get to choose at pick 15?

Que?

???

JimJessTorp said:
I don't understand.

Que?

???
I don't get it either. And all the academy bidding crap. It seems highly confusing to me.

JimJessTorp said:
I don't understand.

Que?

???

My understanding is that each draft pick, a club is allowed to pick one of the academy or FS kids. If the club to which that kid is aligned wishes to take him, they must take him there and then and they effectively miss out on their next pick. So, us having pick 15 is based on the speculation that 3 academy/FS kids will be nominated before our pick.

Yep

The AFL brought out a points system for each draft pick.

Pick 3 is worth a lot more points than pick 44.

If Melbourne want mills (Sydney academy ) at pick 3.
They can nominate him, just like drafting any other kid.

But Sydney can then chuck in all their picks so that they add up to the same amount of points as pick 3 is worth.

So Sydney just traded up into pick 3.

Melbourne drop to pick 4.

Richmond go to pick 13.

There are two other highly rated kids from the four (Syd, Bris, GWS, Suns) academies that will push us back to 15.

It's the same as father /son picks.

The AFL is trying to make clubs pay market value for academy and father / son kids.

Clear?

Questions welcome!

Has anyone seen Balic play ? just read an encouraging write up on hhis projected talents going forward . Would we look at him at 15 ?

Kaelan said:
Has anyone seen Balic play ? just read an encouraging write up on hhis projected talents going forward . Would we look at him at 15 ?

Yes, very good player who is improving at a rate of knots. Would be happy if we recruited him.

Kaelan said:
Quigley's draft profile's on BF make for some interesting reading

He was rated alot higher last year playing HFF and was looking like going top 5, Looks like he hasnt gone on with it as much as was thought last year.

I really rated him last year but havnt seen much junior footy this year

DirtyDogTiger said:
Yep

The AFL brought out a points system for each draft pick.

Pick 3 is worth a lot more points than pick 44.

If Melbourne want mills (Sydney academy ) at pick 3.
They can nominate him, just like drafting any other kid.

But Sydney can then chuck in all their picks so that they add up to the same amount of points as pick 3 is worth.

So Sydney just traded up into pick 3.

Melbourne drop to pick 4.

Richmond go to pick 13.

There are two other highly rated kids from the four (Syd, Bris, GWS, Suns) academies that will push us back to 15.

It's the same as father /son picks.

The AFL is trying to make clubs pay market value for academy and father / son kids.

Clear?

Questions welcome!

Since we have useless (in fact, literally pointless) picks from 52 onwards, we might as well use the 1268 points to bid for a higher pick.

DirtyDogTiger said:
http://m.theage.com.au/afl/injury-news/an-idiots-guide-to-the-new-afl-bidding-system-20151112-gkxg8b?skin=smart-phone

So, we haven't bid for anyone?

taztiger4 said:
It happens live tomorrow night
I know. Just asking if we would be interested in bidding for a higher pick considering we only have pick 12 (1268 pts) and pick 52 (246 pts)

All the phantom drafts reckon Melb will go for Mills, Blooze for Hopper, Crows for Hipwood early in the draft, but then again what's the use in bidding if the northern clubs would match that bid as they all have a lot of points to use up later. It's only going to make the bidder drop another rung on the draft pick list.