Drafts 2015 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Drafts 2015

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Draft day is nearly here
And the rookie draft isn't far behind

I've looked at our list and made a couple of teams.

I'd like us to get a young tall defender/midfielder (kind of like Grimes/Mcintosh height)
And the other 5 being midfielders (182-189 cm types) a mix of hard bulls, and quicks with skills.
Or a ruck if he can realistically compete with Maric and hammer.
I don't know how far off the pace Soldo is.

Personally I'd like Clay Oliver at 12.
Because I'd like to see Cotchin get out of the full time clearance role, and become a finisher.
I think Oliver would be great for us in the clearances, if we get him, and when he's ready.

By the time pick 50 rolls around we've got 40 players and need 5 more.

We've got out trading done ✅ and tucked away an elite junior ✅
it's really microscope time now
We need to get 5 good players from a pool that has been scooped pretty hard.
Everyone left has been chucked back in or overlooked.

at 50ish another kid midfielder if FJ & BH see one they like.
I guess pick 80ish could be a state or x-afl player

That young ruckman in the WAFL could be an option if he's got all the tools.
Ruckman are a different species. Tom derickx is about to play his sixth season straight on an AFL list.

Rookies

Any young gems that slipped through the net (like Castagna).
Or delisted players (see miles).
State leaguers (example: Lloyd lambert).

So we pick our elite junior at 12 and then it gets really interesting.

DLR said:
You've made that sound easy DDT ;)

Yeah well it's probably better titled 'armchair recruiting for dummies'

There is a serious amount of time and effort put into identifying the options for our list from Yarran through to our last rookie.

Charlie Curnow, failed to take a breath test. Wonder which club set him up for that? Jack Darling, anyone?

The Don said:
Charlie Curnow, failed to take a breath test. Wonder which club set him up for that? Jack Darling, anyone?
Carlton who else. They want him to slip to 8

TheCan said:
Carlton who else. They want him to slip to 8
With his brother already there. Almost believable of them, but seems to be going to a bit of an extreme, given the likely repercussions for him!
Probably just dumb youthful mistake, but it is hard to credit.

DirtyDogTiger said:
I'm not sure why we've got 4 picks at the draft
12, 51, 78, 84

That's 39 players in total

Unless one of the picks is the lambert elevation
We can go to 40 players if we want to or we can stop at 38 or 39

DirtyDogTiger said:
does the lambert rookie upgrade still count as a draft pick?

So we can just take pick 12, 52, and put the bat away?

Yep. We only need to draft 2 if we want and then upgrade Lambert and go in with 38 on our main list.

mrposhman said:
Yep. We only need to draft 2 if we want and then upgrade Lambert and go in with 38 on our main list.
According to the pundits I read we may well pick only 2 but we have a list of players who if available at our 3rd pick we will take and go to 39 on the list. Emma Quayle said the same in her article on the draft today.

Sintiger said:
According to the pundits I read we may well pick only 2 but we have a list of players who if available at our 3rd pick we will take and go to 39 on the list. Emma Quayle said the same in her article on the draft today.

We currently only have 35 players on our senior list and 3 Rookies, If we take 3 players in the November draft we will still be on a 38+6 rookies

turk-d-tiger said:
We currently only have 35 players on our senior list and 3 Rookies, If we take 3 players in the November draft we will still be on a 38+6 rookies
We have 36 on the senior list and 2 rookies as Lambert has been elevated to the senior list.

We had 39 on the senior list in 2015. Newman, Dea, Knights, Petterd, Gordon, McDonough and Foley come off and Yarran, Townsend, Moore and Lambert come on =36
Catsagna and Short are our only rookies now.

Sintiger said:
We have 36 on the senior list and 2 rookies as Lambert has been elevated to the senior list.

We had 39 on the senior list in 2015. Newman, Dea, Knights, Petterd, Gordon, McDonough and Foley come off and Yarran, Townsend, Moore and Lambert come on =36
Catsagna and Short are our only rookies now.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/players/senior-players
only had 35 players on it - Missing #15 Moore

That explains it